Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 03:48 PM   #181
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Re: Re: Re: Re: what?

Quote:
Originally posted by YogsVR4

Since when has "qualified" been a prerequisite for stating ones opinion
Anyone is free to state thier opinion.
But an opinion is not a factual statement.

Im quite free to state my opinion on how to remove a brian tumor, but would you want to take it as advice?
Old 11-24-2002, 08:35 AM   #182
brock cummings
AF Newbie

if a muscule car is a heavy american car with lots of horse power well than you can say the U.S. still makes some. think of the new mercury(4000+ lbs) , impala ss (around 4000) , lincoln mark VIII (3900lbs).
I own a mark VIII and now it hase the same 4.6 twin cam as the mustang cobra. I have frends that only have $200 super chips in theres and get 14.4 in the1/4 and still can get 25 mpg. plus the factory and many mags clame .86-.87g's with its stock full indipendant suspension.
with out any mods im sure these cars would compare nicely with the old muscule and I know the can saprise most imports.so you can say muscule cars have come a long way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flame45.jpg (57.8 KB, 47 views)
Old 11-24-2002, 03:05 PM   #183
tsi200sx
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to tsi200sx
For me, I LOVE the old Mopar musclecars, and I will own a Plymouth Barracuda one day. But it won't be a daily driver. In my own experience, the imports I have owned or had experience with were of vastly higher quality, reliability, and longevity than the domestics I've owned or had experience with. For a daily driver, that's important. I had a Honda, it was stock and older and SLOW, but reliable and economical. Good college car. I don't like the new Honda VTECs because I don't like to have to wind the crap out of my engine to get anything out of it. My personal preference is TORQUE, the lower the better, but a light, tight-handling car is also important to me. That and reliability and economy eliminates the Mustangs, Camaros, etc. The only Camaro I drove which handled really well was an 88 2.8, and it was a POS as far as quality. So I guess I wanted a high-quality Japanese car, that got acceptable mileage, handled well, and had decent low-end torque, and I could afford.

So I've found my own personal happy medium, though it wasn't easy to find, they are quite rare and I got hella-lucky to find one in my area. My 88 Nissan 200SX SE has the 3-liter out of the 300ZX, with better low-end torque than any 4-banger, but is lighter than the Z, is very reliable, gets mid-20's to the gallon (pushes 30 mpg on the highway). I think I'll keep it forever. As long as I don't take it up North to often, so it doesn't rust.

I think that everybody has to decide what properties of a car are important to them personally.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:38 PM   #184
del
móddə rąytər

Re: what?

Quote:
Originally posted by hondasuck
that's whack, civics are slow. i'm sorry but if you notice, when you look at mostly any "kill list" forum, they all say "too many civics to count." why, you ask? because they are like practice on the novice corse for street racing. all that aside, doesn't mercedes make the V-12 for the mclaren?
i think the V12 in the mclaren is from bmw.:bandit:
Old 11-24-2002, 05:42 PM   #185
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Re: Re: what?

Quote:
Originally posted by del

i think the V12 in the mclaren is from bmw.:bandit:

It is. :smoka:
Old 12-14-2002, 06:53 PM   #186
WakkaWu
Banned

Send a message via AIM to WakkaWu
Unless you put money into a Honda it will not beat a stock muscle car.And who cars about gas.It you have the money to buy a V8 then you can afford the gas.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:18 AM   #187
Moppie
Master Connector

Quote:
Originally posted by WakkaWu
Unless you put money into a Honda it will not beat a stock muscle car.
Define a stock muscle car?
There are plenty of "muscle" cars my Civic will beat in both a straight line and around corners.
There more that it wont of course.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:08 AM   #188
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hybridsol
Quote:
Unless you put money into a Honda it will not beat a stock muscle car.And who cars about gas.It you have the money to buy a V8 then you can afford the gas.
A stock muscle car is more expensive in most case's to begin with. Modifying a cheaper car (in this case a honda) will prove to be more cost efficent. I do enjoy the hum of a V8, but i've grown quite acustom to the sound of a well tuned B18. (this is my car of choice) Other ppl may choose a muscle car, it vary's according to the preference of the individual. For instance I've found that a shorter stroke and a higher revolution serves my need for speed quite nicely. (4 grand 4gen CRX)
Old 12-15-2002, 01:38 PM   #189
WakkaWu
Banned

You know what a muscle car is...a Vette,Trans Am,Mustang,Hemis,etc.You Honda can beat those?Highly doubt it.a stock Honda will not beat a stock muscle car.I just hate it so much when people say stupid things like "my stock Honda Civic can beat your Vette anyday man."
Old 12-15-2002, 03:04 PM   #190
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -cy-
True muscle cars are more expensive to start out with in general, but one you try to build a civic up to the speed and ability of the muscle car, you have just destroyed the driveability part it had over the muscle, and spent just as much if not more.

I have nothing against people building up civics and integras, but i don't think its fair to say "well, its better to mod an import than a domestic b/c you get more return". Guy around here has an internally stock '00 Z28 with a supercharger (running 8 or 9 pounds, can't remember) and dyno's 544rwhp. Either can be built to be fast, its where your tastes and abilities lie.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:15 PM   #191
GreatOne01
AF Enthusiast

Imports ownz joo bonez.

[size=0.25]

http://www.cdnops.com
[/size]
Old 12-15-2002, 04:41 PM   #192
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -cy-
Ya imports own...especially jetta's. Oh ya, i raced my friend's mod'd jetta a few months ago (i forgot what he has, but he has put some good money into it), and i can only count the space between us in buses. It wasn't from a stop (my torque would have given me an advantage there), it was from a roll so its not like there was much driver skill involved.
Old 12-15-2002, 04:45 PM   #193
WakkaWu
Banned

Quote:
True muscle cars are more expensive to start out with in general, but one you try to build a civic up to the speed and ability of the muscle car, you have just destroyed the driveability part it had over the muscle, and spent just as much if not more.

If the stock muscle cost more that still don't matter.If some stupid 17 year old thinks that there Civic can beat a Trans Am,so be it.let them get beat.If you race a Civic with 10 grand in mods against a Trans Am,though the same amount of money was put into both,its still not a fair race.Know what Im saying?If you put 10 grand into both,then its a fair race,even though the Civic would be smoked,its still fair.
Old 12-15-2002, 05:46 PM   #194
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hybridsol
Quote:
You know what a muscle car is...a Vette,Trans Am,Mustang,Hemis,etc.You Honda can beat those?Highly doubt it.
yes it can. How far do you live from williamsport?
Old 12-15-2002, 06:00 PM   #195
WakkaWu
Banned

No they can't.Williamsport where?