Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Deville
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #16
judas95
AF Newbie

Re: 97 Deville - Center Digital Dash Does Not Display

I just had the same problem.all I did was went to the junk yard got a used one,I only paid like 20 bucks.I took the new screen off the one from the junk yard and changed it out with the old one.it work now with no problems .now it only work if it just your screen and u won't have to get the code reset..it took me only about 30 min to pull out the cluster and swap the circuit board..the original miles stay the same cuz you're only changing out the top circuit board.I hope this helps
judas95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #17
m saha
AF Newbie

Hello everybody,
I just bougth a digital cluster on ebay, to replace the old one on my cadillac deville 1997, but it just shows the "service engine soon" sign, nothing else .
What you suggest me to do ?? thanks a lot !!
m saha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:33 PM   #18
dcelec
AF Newbie

thanks for the info , i changed the display board from the used one to my original and it worked great. cant thank you enough.the dealer wanted $ 278.00 to reprogram it. really saveed me a lot of time and money.
dcelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:26 PM   #19
JenLu
AF Newbie

I have a '95 Deville and the dash display keeps going off. We found a temporary solution by accident... On the left side of the dash display, try pressing down the Display On/Off button and the Reset button at the same time for a few seconds until dash display comes back on. It works for me most of the time when the display goes out, hopefully this works for others too. Also, I read somewhere that unhooking the battery for 10 minutes would reset dash display. That seemed to work for a very short time. Try to reset instead first. Way more convenient than unhooking the battery. Hope it helps!
JenLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:19 PM   #20
caleb6129
AF Newbie

Re: 96 Deville - Center Digital Dash Does Not Display

Thanks to all who posted info.I changed out just the middle of the instrument cluster and it worked.I was 2 minutes away to shipping it off to get repaired for $130 plus $40 to ship it.Thanks a lot yall save me time and money.
caleb6129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:26 PM   #21
caleb6129
AF Newbie

I just had another northstar motor put in my 96 caddy it drives good its not over heating but it is smoking really bad coming from the back of the motor where the wires is.Do you think they wired it up wrong and also the motor makes a loud humming noise while driving the smoke is black.Does anybody know what this could be?
caleb6129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:09 PM   #22
lilronnie82
AF Newbie

Ok so I have a 96 Sedan Deville that the Dash Cluster went out on. One problem I've had is when I was easing it home when the Dash was on I didn't have any problems, but if the I went very far with the Dash off it would drain the battery. Anyone else have this kind of problem?
lilronnie82 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > Deville