Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 01:39 AM   #151
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DblOvrhedCamron Send a message via Yahoo to DblOvrhedCamron
Quote:
Originally posted by ssshhhh (_burn_)
the turbo is a precision sc54.
the sc54 has a t3 style housing in .48 or .63 A/R, or Tangential turbine housing in .58 .68 or .81 A/R.

you posted a picture of a .70 housing in this thread.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...t=ssshhhh+burn

The SC series turbos are all hybrid T3/T4 turbochargers.

DblOvrhedCamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 01:46 AM   #152
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ssshhhh (_burn_)
that was a dsm freinds turbo which i bought but sold back to him. i thought i edited that picture out but i guess not.
this is the sc54
and the block almost a year and a half ago

6.7 @ 211mph whooping kubo's ass all over the track
ssshhhh (_burn_) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 02:07 AM   #153
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Hmmmmmm.....

Ahem....

Now hold on there SON... Who in in the piss is Jesse? You know him? Why in the world do you have pictures of Jesse's motor up on this here interweb magik viewin box I call a Gateway?

I know where you're getting those Engine pics.

Son... stealin somebodies pictures is just wrong. I've been shootin people down off the net like this long before you were swimmin in your daddy's sack. You say you've got a CRX with turbo and all that jazz. Yet on this site a guy by the name of Jesse has a motor that looks alot like the one you're posting:

http://members.cox.net/pwrvtec/jessecivic.htm

And it's clearly a 2000 Civic Si. Not a CRX. And no place on the website does it have a 'team member' who has a CRX.

Dont think you've ever stated that you were on a Team of any sort.

Explain yourself Mr. Man.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 06:49 PM   #154
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by RedNeck383
Hmmmmmm.....

Ahem....

Now hold on there SON... Who in in the piss is Jesse? You know him? Why in the world do you have pictures of Jesse's motor up on this here interweb magik viewin box I call a Gateway?

Son... stealin somebodies pictures is just wrong. I've been shootin people down off the net like this long before you were swimmin in your daddy's sack. You say you've got a CRX with turbo and all that jazz. Yet on this site a guy by the name of Jesse has a motor that looks alot like the one you're posting:

And it's clearly a 2000 Civic Si. Not a CRX. And no place on the website does it have a 'team member' who has a CRX.

OUCH.

Claiming somebody else's work/parts/times for your own is a .
Old 07-07-2003, 08:57 PM   #155
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YOUNGSTER Send a message via MSN to YOUNGSTER Send a message via Yahoo to YOUNGSTER
damn ssssssshhhhhhhhh you got burned lol jk thats kinda wierd dont you think.
MODS: Motor :jdm b16 block, itr head, skunk 2 cam gears, msd ignition, intake, exhaust, straight pipe, skunk 2 ecu. act race clutch Suspension : grnd cntrl coilovers, 4 way adj shocks , spoon strut bar, skunk 2 sway bar, itr control arms, energy bushings misc. : super nice jdm seats, momo detachable steering wheel, Jdm clutster, Spoon Cf duckbill wing, vision smoked amber turn signals. COMING VERY SOON IN DAYS LS vtec ARP ROD BOLTS HEAD BOLTS AND 75 SHOT OF GIGLE JUICE look in my galler
YOUNGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 09:16 PM   #156
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to whtteg
Quote:
Hmmmmmm.....

Ahem....

Old 07-07-2003, 10:41 PM   #157
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

i got owned. o well. im actually 14 years old and cant even drive yet. you guys were fun though.

Old 07-07-2003, 11:09 PM   #158
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Quote:
i got owned. o well. im actually 14 years old and cant even drive yet. you guys were fun though.

HA, Well I'm glad to see you can admit to being called out...

To be honest you know some good stuff to keep us guess for this long.

My friends have been trying to nail you for a while... you just happened to slip... Then we came down on you like a ton of Bricks
hehe.

Fun times.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 11:13 PM   #159
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Yea this thread went on for quite a while
Old 07-07-2003, 11:22 PM   #160
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

My friends have been trying to nail you for a while... you just happened to slip... Then we came down on you like a ton of Bricks
hehe.

Fun times.
haha right oon....this name has been used by about 5 people. i originally made this name to fuck with people because me and a few freinds stumbled onto the site and saw at least 30 threads discussing cold air intakes and thought it was just a bunch of retards. we knew someone was going to eventually right click roperties to one of the pics and see the cars but o well. we do know what we're talking about (except john...) but the only fast car between us is currently awaiting fuel managment (for the past 8 months).
to dualoverheadcamron....i really dont have any shit with you as you might have picked up on...but if you still want to come down and run the volkswagons i was talking about(which REALLY do exist), your welcome to. 3 of the guys down here want to run.

Old 07-08-2003, 06:28 AM   #161
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Okay now, seriously. Someone who isn't fucking around. MY boy here who is a mechanic at a shop in the area still tells me to go ls/vtec turbo with a gsr head. He swears thats the combo I should go for. He swears buy it. He'll do others, but he swears by that one. So seriosuly, whats the deal here. Whtteg? hybridsol? someone? I am not trying to be a so-called "dumbass." I am honestly building an engine. And as you know, thats a shitload of money, well over 5 grand for all of it, turbo etc. well over that. So I am trying to get my facts straight before I go and spend the $$. Also, I know I read in a book by Sport Compact Car that it is bad to stroke a honda engine. If I remember correct, it was because of the rod- stroke ratio, I could be wrong. Anyone know? I am looking for serious info here, not people screwing around. This is pretty much the same info I have been looking for the entire time. So now that we know who on here was screwing around, can people please actually stop screwing around here so I can figure this shit out and start planning my engine more. Thank you to all who help
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 07:14 AM   #162
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DblOvrhedCamron Send a message via Yahoo to DblOvrhedCamron
Quote:
damn I guessed 12, so your almost hitting puberty. Time to grow some balls and tell the truth.

Quote:
haha right oon....this name has been used by about 5 people. i originally made this name to fuck with people because me and a few freinds stumbled onto the site and saw at least 30 threads discussing cold air intakes and thought it was just a bunch of retards. we knew someone was going to eventually right click roperties to one of the pics and see the cars but o well. we do know what we're talking about (except john...) but the only fast car between us is currently awaiting fuel managment (for the past 8 months).
to dualoverheadcamron....i really dont have any shit with you as you might have picked up on...but if you still want to come down and run the volkswagons i was talking about(which REALLY do exist), your welcome to. 3 of the guys down here want to run.
I don't believe a word you say......

Bunch of retards huh? There are 3 ppl in this thread that have more automotive knowledge than anyone you've ever met or are going to meet. There are actually quite few ppl in this forum, that I'd put money on matching know-how against pretty much anyone.

You may not have a problem with me, but I have a problem with you. I have a problem with liars taking up my bandwidth, and posting suggestions on motor swaps they know nothing about.

As for your friends tell them to bring cash or pink slips handy. (or I could just take one of their wings home, I love ripping those things off.) Looks like the CRX could see some action soon. (doubt I'll need it though)

What an assclown.........

Old 07-08-2003, 07:21 AM   #163
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

we would have had this fucker three threads ago if hybrid would have grew a set and called him out. No one listens to me.

Old 07-08-2003, 09:20 AM   #164
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by eckoman_pdx
Okay now, seriously. Someone who isn't fucking around. MY boy here who is a mechanic at a shop in the area still tells me to go ls/vtec turbo with a gsr head. He swears thats the combo I should go for. He swears buy it. He'll do others, but he swears by that one. So seriosuly, whats the deal here. Whtteg? hybridsol? someone? I am not trying to be a so-called "dumbass." I am honestly building an engine. And as you know, thats a shitload of money, well over 5 grand for all of it, turbo etc. well over that. So I am trying to get my facts straight before I go and spend the $$. Also, I know I read in a book by Sport Compact Car that it is bad to stroke a honda engine. If I remember correct, it was because of the rod- stroke ratio, I could be wrong. Anyone know? I am looking for serious info here, not people screwing around. This is pretty much the same info I have been looking for the entire time. So now that we know who on here was screwing around, can people please actually stop screwing around here so I can figure this shit out and start planning my engine more. Thank you to all who help
Well I have no personal experience with ls/vtec so i don't know the answer about to go for it or something else. I have known a few ppl who have had a ls/vtec and they like it alot and I know a few ppl who have had one and say they would never get another. I think that as long as the head is properly matched to the block and the oil pump is upgraded and the internals are built and everthing is put together right you will be fine. I think ls/vtec gets a bad name from ppl who put it together wrong. As far as a grs head I would go for a b16 head it will be better for turbo, unless you are going to do head work like port/polish etc. Regaurdless of what head you decide on get a good intake manifold and get some turbo cams from crower, skunk2, toda(not sure if they make them or not , but great company) etc. And as far as stroking a honda motor , t would be better to just bore and sleeve it b/c yes the r/s ratio will be worse than it already is. Also put a girdle on the maincaps, this will create a little more rigidity for the bottom end and help keep it together, also don't go over 8k rpm the ls/vtec will destroy itsef in due time if you are going over 8k but you will have a turbo so no need it reving past 8k anyway. Hope this helps and hope you find more info from others as well.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:30 PM   #165
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by DblOvrhedCamron

I don't believe a word you say......

Bunch of retards huh? There are 3 ppl in this thread that have more automotive knowledge than anyone you've ever met or are going to meet. There are actually quite few ppl in this forum, that I'd put money on matching know-how against pretty much anyone.

You may not have a problem with me, but I have a problem with you. I have a problem with liars taking up my bandwidth, and posting suggestions on motor swaps they know nothing about.

As for your friends tell them to bring cash or pink slips handy. (or I could just take one of their wings home, I love ripping those things off.) Looks like the CRX could see some action soon. (doubt I'll need it though)

actually...he wasnt refering to you or anyone on this thread as being retards...he was refering to the mass group of people on some of the other forums posting 15 page discussions on intake tubes. we have never said that you or any of your freinds were "retarded". and please dont talk to me about knowing more about automobiles. rich.....the guy that posted on this name and said he was 14, knows more about hondas than 80 percent of the people on this site that have been driving hondas since they've had their license. and actually....since you feel like being a dick. ill waste all the bandwidth i want posting my advice on swaps i know nothing about....
this is the internet captain. we can do whatever the fuck we want.