Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 12:30 AM   #31
rrdstarr
AF Enthusiast

Ian

Please don't bring the AC 4X4 fight over here!!!

Mmmkay!

I respect both of your opinions!

But keep the crap somewhere else!
rrdstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 02:46 AM   #32
ChuckH
AF Enthusiast

Re: SRBumper

Quote:
Originally posted by Goliath the X
The SRBumper is by far the most functional of all those designed for the Xterra. I got to check it out last weekend!!! I also saw something I didn't think was possible, can't tell ya what it is. The owner made me promise not to.
If it's what I think it is, I will be QUITE impressed, to say the least.

That being said, I don't expect that the Skid Row bumper will be all that different from mine except that it will actually work and fit right out of the box.

But if I'm correct on the secret, then that will certainly set it apart. Might even make me think about selling off the turd.
Old 05-03-2002, 06:10 AM   #33
xoc
AF Enthusiast

Re: Ian

Quote:
Originally posted by rrdstarr
Please don't bring the AC 4X4 fight over here!!!
Just keeping him honest.
What Gordon stated was wrong. The CALMINI bumper only offers increased departure angle if it replaces a bumper and a trailer hitch.
Old 05-03-2002, 07:07 AM   #34
Matt Peckham
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Matt Peckham
Come on Ian, stop picking on Project X. wait, isn't there another project X? Oh yeah... the real project X. how bout a new name for your X, Gordon, it gets confusing.

And when are you getting a real bumper?
Old 05-03-2002, 09:16 AM   #35
FSRBIKER
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: I bet it's a ladder!

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc

Won't that be useful...
Not to worry, I think you will be impressed by the added features though.
FSRBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 10:50 AM   #36
RedX
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to RedX
Ok....so what I can gather about the excitement over this SR rear bumper, is that now I am going to have to find an inventive way to take out my front AND rear bumpers at ECXC. And then figure out a way to justify it all to the wifey. I was thinking about the Calmini rear bumper, but now I want to see what's up with the SR. Toys...can we ever get get enough of them?
RedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 11:38 AM   #37
warmonger
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to warmonger Send a message via Yahoo to warmonger
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Peckham
Come on Ian, stop picking on Project X. wait, isn't there another project X? Oh yeah... the real project X. how bout a new name for your X, Gordon, it gets confusing.
Actually there is no confusion about it. I called my truck Project X when I began the electrical changes in winter of 1999/2000. Since "the real Project X" didn't make its debut until 2001, you do the math.

Quote:
And when are you getting a real bumper?
My truck has gone in phases as I have made very clear. Phase 5 was intended to be body armor phase until I got hit. That put things well ahead of schedule. That being the case, the front bumper and winch are coming, but in my time. While you guys were putting your winches and stuff on, I was wiring in dual batteries. While you were installing tires, I was putting an on-board air system on. While you were lifting them, I was putting in air lockers. I have a plan and will stick to my guns no matter what.

As for trail choice and photos, I never realized I needed trail approval from anyone. I will try to do better the next time. Since I am not a trail bigot or exclusionary, I generally try to keep rides at a level so that the least common denominator won't get killed. But, that pathetic stab by XOC for power has nothing to do with bumpers. If anyone here wants to see what Project X can do, you are welcome to come to TN. I will be giving Ian more cannon fodder on Saturday since I will be leading the stock truck group with Carlton and I will be shooting lots of photos. After that, we will be running trail 16 on the 9th and odds are, that won't leave much cannon fodder. But I will post the stocker photos on my website so he can continue to pick stuff out of context and use it for ammunition. It seems to be an effective strategy for him.

warmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 12:18 PM   #38
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc

Of course when you're running super difficult trails like this...

Or this (me)

Or this (you)

Hey look. We both have steprails on! :licker:
Old 05-03-2002, 02:38 PM   #39
Matt Peckham
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Matt Peckham
hey, that's not fair.. that yankee road one was taken like 2.5 years ago, when nobody was taking their Xterras offroad (at least not telling anyone about it). And I do believe there was absolutely zero aftermarket support back then... I do think he already had eyes on a slider design though...

And Warmie's photo was taken a week or 5 ago and he broke 2 parts. Sorta sounds like Nissan Mike... who broke stuff on trails that basically stock Xterras were making it over.

I'm just clarifying... I wish I were down south already, I'd love to go to TN with those guys, I'm a month too late. damn.
Old 05-03-2002, 05:24 PM   #40
xoc
AF Enthusiast

I just find it humorous that Warmongr is "Lifted, Locked and Kickin' Ass", yet bends two idler arms on a tiny rock, then gets stuck in a mud puddle, then glorifies it on his site like he drove the Rubicon blindfolded.

I'm looking forward to pictures of "Project X" on something that resembles a trail soon.
Old 05-03-2002, 06:43 PM   #41
The X Factor
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to The X Factor
When is the SR bumper going to be hitting the market and when might we see pictures of it?
The X Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 06:49 PM   #42
Antitree_hugger
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Antitree_hugger Send a message via Yahoo to Antitree_hugger
Quote:
Originally posted by The X Factor
When is the SR bumper going to be hitting the market and when might we see pictures of it?
Real soon now.

Mr. Kootte let me see the pictures of it last night. I think he did it just to be mean ;-) That thing is SWEEET!!

Ben
Antitree_hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 09:57 PM   #43
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

That's cool. I guess I just look back and see where some of us have been and what we're doing now. Everyone moves at their own pace, and bad-ass is all relative. Peace brotha's. Back to my brew.

BTW, I'm looking forward to the SR bumper as well.
Old 05-05-2002, 03:42 AM   #44
Antitree_hugger
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Antitree_hugger Send a message via Yahoo to Antitree_hugger
Quote:
Originally posted by Schludwiller
That's cool. I guess I just look back and see where some of us have been and what we're doing now. Everyone moves at their own pace, and bad-ass is all relative. Peace brotha's. Back to my brew.

BTW, I'm looking forward to the SR bumper as well.
Brew
Brew
Oh ya you missed on some home made hard cider tonight! SUCKA!!!

I could have used the tow points on the SR bumper today, luckily Schlud was with me (would have been fun getting me unstuck)

ben
Antitree_hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 10:22 AM   #45
Goliath the X
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Goliath the X Send a message via Yahoo to Goliath the X
I've seen the SRBumper, when it is released it will be the best option yet! Very fuctional, lots of stuff packed on there

I better get a second job.
MAXC
Goliath the X is offline   Reply With Quote