Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 09:49 PM   #31
Synchro
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Synchro Send a message via Yahoo to Synchro
oh they will fit. it won't perform offroad, but it will fit. if you do offroad, you will have rubbing issues most likely and depending on what wheels you went with, you might be snapping tie rods like there is no tomorrow.

you will most likely need to put an actual suspension lift on there too if you want any offroad performance.

but even with all of this, the 12.5 width will rub like mad most likely.

but like offroadX said, if you already bought all of this, why are you asking now if it will fit? looks like you needed to lurk on this board before buying any of this stuff. oh well.
Synchro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 09:12 PM   #32
Aquabro
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Aquabro
33 12.5

I bought them b/c I was told that they would not only fit but perform well...I have seen quite few xterra's with 2 inch torsion and 32 11.5...with 5 inches of clearance and future rancho rs9000 shocks and rancho leaf springs I think I will be fine...I'll keep you posted...however I would like a suspension lift I don't have the money though...the project I'm running right now is costing me $1500
Aquabro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 12:12 AM   #33
gothamist
AF Regular

Whoever told you that was lying to you, big time. Sorry.

Sure, the body lift will get you clearance at the wheelwells. It won't fix your gearing, it won't fix your decreased braking ability, you'll still probably snap tie-rods, and rub on lots of the steering components in the front. I wish you luck but all I can say is this--I have a 2" body lift and a 3" suspension lift, and I think I might BARELY be able to fit a 33x12.50 tire, however it would have to be a smaller one and it would take VERY careful wheel selection in order to squeeze it in there. I would definitely rub a lot more than I do now (which is only just barely--but as I discovered last weekend, I do still rub the body and the frame w/ my 32's.)
Old 08-08-2001, 12:53 AM   #34
Aquabro
AF Newbie

What to do?

So what do I do? How much is AC lift? What do I need to do to make this work?
Old 08-08-2001, 01:06 AM   #35
gothamist
AF Regular

I'm not sure.

What is the backspacing of the wheels you have on order?

If I were you, honestly, I'd switch tires/sizes. If you're really wed to the idea of a 33x12.50, go w/ Goodyear MT/R's. Having seen and inspected those exact tires on a lifted ZJ (and parked them up next to my Swampers), I'm almost positive those would fit on a 15x8" rim w/ ~4.75" backspacing, with the setup I'm running now. It would probably work for you as well.

Also, do realize that you're asking a group of people who by and large wheel with no swaybars (front disconnected, rear removed)--this really does increase the amount of tire rub you have (but obviously increases wheel traction/articulation.) If you never disconnected the front swaybar, and especially the rear, you'd probably get away with what you're trying to do. You would be compromising your truck's performance offroad in order to make the tires fit, however.

Why exactly do you want 33's on 10" rims?
Old 08-08-2001, 09:32 AM   #36
wqbang
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to wqbang
Since he is in Florida, he might not be doing much rock crawling. If it is for looks ONLY, he could get away with it. It is hard to break a tie rod driving around town.

Aquabro,

If you plan on wheeling your truck (dirt roads don't count), listen to these guys advice. The tires and wheels will fit on the truck, but they will rub when stuffing. They would cause problems offroad without regearing, reinforcing tie rods, and accomodations to prevent rubbing, much like synchro and gothamist has already stated.

Old 08-08-2001, 10:09 AM   #37
Aquabro
AF Newbie

gothamist

I respect and admire the knowledge you share with me...I'm not planning on doing serious offroading yet...at least not until i have more money in my x and know that it is ready...It is mainly for looks right now...The eagle 589 15 x 10 I got a good deal on and I'm a college student, and I play ollege baseball so I have no time to make more...or at least the amount I would like to put in my xterra...if you will make a list of the things you think I need....Thanks
Old 08-08-2001, 10:37 AM   #38
Synchro
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Synchro Send a message via Yahoo to Synchro
Re: I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally posted by gothamist
If you never disconnected the front swaybar, and especially the rear, you'd probably get away with what you're trying to do. You would be compromising your truck's performance offroad in order to make the tires fit, however.
yes, but Nissan Mike was running 33x12.5 on 15x10s without being disconnected up front and he kept snapping tie rods on easy stuff. so disconnected doesn't matter for that.
Synchro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2001, 12:17 PM   #39
gothamist
AF Regular

Aquabro

Hey man, if you're not planning on wheeling hard, you could probably get away with cranking your torsion bars way up (just to reduce nominal rubbing around town), and if I were you I'd probably add EOE tierod centerlinks...they're probably not NECCESSARY if you're not wheeling the truck, but just a really good idea. Install them when you crank up the torsion bars, get the truck aligned, trim the hell out of your mudflaps, and call it done. Hopefully that's all you'll need to do.

Good luck man. The setup you're describing wouldn't work for me (or any of the other MAXC guys, really), but you might be able to live with it. Just look out for rubbing on the steering components, I was at a tire shop today and we realized I really have almost NO clearance when the wheels are turned...no 15x8 rockcrawler rims for me.
Old 08-08-2001, 08:16 PM   #40
Aquabro
AF Newbie

gothamist

where can i get the tie rod centerlinks?
Old 08-09-2001, 02:41 PM   #41
Philosopher
AF Enthusiast

Re: gothamist

Quote:
Originally posted by Aquabro
where can i get the tie rod centerlinks?

www.nissan-offroad.com
Philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail