Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Samurai
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 12:20 PM   #1
PJRaces11
AF Newbie

transfer case whine

hey i have a 1986 suzuki samurai and when i put it in 4x4 either hi or low and get up to speed it starts to whine even if i put it back into 2h with the hubs still locked in it still whines do you guys have n e where to start with this on what i should do the truck sat for 5 years before we got it running again could it be low on fluid and stuff?/ let me know thanks alot
PJRaces11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:39 AM   #2
PJRaces11
AF Newbie

Re: transfer case whine

i also forgot to add something the truck is a 83 not an 86 and we put a 86 rear end on it cause we couldnt find n e 83 rear end could the gears be different or the axles or what my zuke isnt a normal sammy it has a pick up bed on it so its extremely hard to find drive train parts for i will post a pic so you guys can see what it looks like
Old 01-11-2006, 02:18 AM   #3
greenhorn
AF Newbie

Yes it could be different gear ratio's, but that should have been check before install could also be as simple as universal joints they some times howl on there way out and would still whine because they still turn when the hubs are locked. If your worried about ratio's I believe there's a # on the diff you can check through the dealers. Hope thats helps./ Tom Canada
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
PJRaces11
AF Newbie

problem solved come to find out i had a u joint going out thank god i didnt kill myself the front drive shaft broke off probably broke other stuff and i was in the middles of the dunes luckily i had some paddles and a buddy to help me out i drove back in 2wd and replaced both u joints and not its alot better thanks alot

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Samurai