Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars > Packard > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 06:22 AM   #1
VAD0R
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to VAD0R Send a message via AIM to VAD0R
Packard Twelve to go Public

It seems as though Packard is now going through the finalizing checks of making sure the Packard Twelve complies with current safety regulations as well as ensuring build quality.

Despite the fact that there is going to be a speed limiter for 160mph the large AWD sedan will still be able to go 0-60 in 4.8 seconds thanks to the aluminum space frame chassis.

Packard hopes to set a the cost of this car at $100k.

More information can be found here.

Is it just me or in some ways does it look like a modern iteration of the Tucker Torpedo?
VAD0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:03 AM   #2
madmanmapper
AF Regular

Re: Packard Twelve to go Public

WHA? I thought they gave up on that and want to sell the company. It even says so on their website http://packardmotorcarcompany.com

Quote:
The owners of Packard Motor Car Company are offering the Company for sale. Assets include the Packard Automobile Name Trademark, the Packard V-12 running prototype, engineering data and photo files, and spare parts and toolage.
Ah I see this post was made in 2005... that news was posted May 10 2007
And yes the company seems somewhat like Tucker did, except these guys had a prototype when they were supposed to. :P But actually if you look at their prototype, I'd have to say it's a combination of a 90s Jaguar, a newer Bentley, and a late 90s Buick, all mushed together with a signature 1930's Packard grille. But lacking the finishing touch of the swan hood ornament...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars > Packard > General Discussion