Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Samurai
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 08:28 AM   #1
lovett1200
AF Newbie

shifter only sticks sometimes

I have just purchased an 88 samaura, but the 5 speed shifter hangs up every 5th or 6th time I drive it around the farm. When it works, it shifts just fine, then it will hang in neutral, it will move side to side, but won't go into any gear. I just replaced the little shifter bolt yesterday, but still same problem. Any body have this problem? Any ideas? Thanks.
lovett1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:14 PM   #2
smarquez1
AF Newbie

Re: shifter only sticks sometimes

Sounds like you need a new shift sheet--just a nylon washer type thing that flops down under the shifter and keeps it in line and the bottom unable to flop under or out of place. They are on eBay (look under 'Samurai Suzuki shifter') for under ten bucks.

98 Isuzu Rodeo 2 wheel drive/manual
86 Suzuki Samurai
78 K5 Blazer, 6" lift
66 Chevelle
smarquez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
samuraijack
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarquez1
Sounds like you need a new shift sheet--just a nylon washer type thing that flops down under the shifter and keeps it in line and the bottom unable to flop under or out of place. They are on eBay (look under 'Samurai Suzuki shifter') for under ten bucks.
No, shifter sheet is for the T-case, not the Tranny. I have the same problem, seems to happen only during cold weather. It may be to high of a viscosity in the gear oil I am using, just a guess though. I would think if it was the clutch, it would happen more consistantly.
samuraijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:49 AM   #4
PJRaces11
AF Newbie

no wrong they have it for both the one for the transfer case is called a T-sheet and when it goes out it will hang up in netural the shifter will do the same thing it is called a shifter sheet and a website called rocky-road.com has the sheet you can look for the number and give them a call or order it offline they will know what you are talking about when you call them to order it very great site let me know if this helps they arent too much money either

PJ
PJRaces11 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Samurai