Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 11:33 PM   #106
camaroincal
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to camaroincal
Hi sorry to bring up an old topic but it reminded me a prototype Monte Carlo with a naturally aspirated 3800 GM V6 putting out almost 300 HP. So GM could have put this puppy in the Camaro's and Firebird's to compete with AND OWN Nissan's very nice 3.5

Anyway here is the link:

http://popularmechanics.com/automoti...or/print.phtml
Old 09-12-2003, 10:09 AM   #107
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Re: '02 camaro v6 vs. '03 mustang v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroincal
Hi sorry to bring up an old topic but it reminded me a prototype Monte Carlo with a naturally aspirated 3800 GM V6 putting out almost 300 HP. So GM could have put this puppy in the Camaro's and Firebird's to compete with AND OWN Nissan's very nice 3.5

Anyway here is the link:

http://popularmechanics.com/automoti...or/print.phtml
so what? nissans VQ35 in the 350z makes 287 hp which is also almost 300. with a stillen exhaust it's exactly 300 hp.
Old 09-13-2003, 10:58 AM   #108
camaroincal
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to camaroincal
I know that the vq makes 287 HP, I was just pointing out the potential of GM's highly touted 3.8 V6. I know exactly why the 93 and up V6 Camaro's and Firebird's get a bad rap because the 93-95's look very smilar to the 96's and 97's, BUT there is a huge difference under the hood they went from the 3.4 with 160 HP / 200 TQ to the 3.8 with 200 HP / and 225 TQ. The 5 speed variations of our cars have been known to run low 15's and even some cases high 14's with stuff like the jack and spare out and serpentine belt. Yet everone dogs on these cars? For the price you cannot really beat them. And then of course is the LS1 which I plan on getting after my 97 Camaro is paid off, but that's another story...
Old 10-06-2003, 05:22 PM   #109
stangv6racer
AF Newbie

For all you people that talk about mustang cobra's and gt's -vs- corvettes. The 03' cobra does 0-60 in 4.7, only 1/2 a second slower than the 02' vettes and top out only 6 mph slower, for $25,000 dollars less. If you fags are going to compare something do it right. I have a 400+ HP 1999 v6 mustang with about $13,000 invested total (car and add-ons) and I could blow the doors off any of your cars.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:23 PM   #110
cte55057
AF Newbie

About time somebody relized that the 92 v-6 camaro only offered a 3.1 in the 6 a 305 in the 8 or a L89 350 get your size right AAnd the V-6 in the 92 sucks I used to own one the 305 is ok but to really run you need the L89
Old 10-13-2003, 09:24 PM   #111
cte55057
AF Newbie

Sorry did not see the 02 thought is said 92 my bad still stuck in the 90s
Old 10-17-2003, 11:56 AM   #112
Lastweak
AF Newbie

i have a couple of questions for the guy with the mustang V-6 with a suposed 400+ hp first of all what did u do to it? second if u had that much money why not get the V-8 version? and last of all why you think u could beat anyone? i'd give ya a run for your money im sure that is of course u wouldn't mind racing a 4-door.

PS: isn't it funny how most old ford "hotrods" contain the heart of a chevy, yeah i think theres a reason for that
Old 10-17-2003, 04:22 PM   #113
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastweak
PS: isn't it funny how most old ford "hotrods" contain the heart of a chevy, yeah i think theres a reason for that
The reason for that is because they are so cheap to build, and there is plenty of chrome add-ons for them. Did you ever see the prices on building an antique engine? It's insane. I know, because I have a 65(which isn't really really old) Plymouth 273 CID and it cost me 5K to rebuild it. My dad has his 350 in his truck done for 2K, most of that was machine work. Mine was mostly parts prices.
It's not because chevy is better, it's because it's cheaper.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:50 PM   #114
stangv6racer
AF Newbie

To LastWEAK:

The reason I did not get the V-8 is because this is my first car and at the time, I could not pay the kind insurance payment required to have a GT or Cobra. I am not sure whether you are just sceptical about my car or whether you wouldn't know how to do it. First, I bought duel flowmasters. Then, I bought a ATI Procharger Stage II PS1 Intercooler Kit with 11psi and upgraded to the 3-Core, Sheet metal model. I expect this pushed up to 85% rwhp gains. This kit includes lots of stuff like 4.10's, a 255 fuel pump, an ignition controller, ect. I bought a ASP 30% reduction crank pulley. Then a Stallion Torque Converter and Venom 400 performance module. And last I bought a B&M transkit, which is cool because I have a automatic/manual transmission.

Do you still think your 4-Door can handle this?
Old 10-23-2003, 01:30 PM   #115
Tekone
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangv6racer
To LastWEAK:

The reason I did not get the V-8 is because this is my first car and at the time, I could not pay the kind insurance payment required to have a GT or Cobra. I am not sure whether you are just sceptical about my car or whether you wouldn't know how to do it. First, I bought duel flowmasters. Then, I bought a ATI Procharger Stage II PS1 Intercooler Kit with 11psi and upgraded to the 3-Core, Sheet metal model. I expect this pushed up to 85% rwhp gains. This kit includes lots of stuff like 4.10's, a 255 fuel pump, an ignition controller, ect. I bought a ASP 30% reduction crank pulley. Then a Stallion Torque Converter and Venom 400 performance module. And last I bought a B&M transkit, which is cool because I have a automatic/manual transmission.

Do you still think your 4-Door can handle this?
Lets see, assuming your abstract math is correct, even with 85% gains, your car is still only making ~300 rwhp. Since you are pushing 11 psi, I am assuming you have forged internals/built bottom end. Otherwise, that engine will probably not last too long. Same goes with your rearend. If you have 4.10's and I'm assuming Nittos to hook that power, say goodbye to your rearend after about 10+ hard street or track launches.

And chill with the cocky attitude about beating everyone else. Your car is just as fast or only slightly faster that a stock LS1 f-body, and there are thousands of them out there that run just what you car runs with 13k in it.
Performance Mods: Z28 Catback, Cutout
Appearance Mods: 35% side, 5% rear tint
Charcoal leather seats
Comming soon: 3.73's, LSD, Air Lid, VS Cam
Not in that order....
Old 10-23-2003, 04:11 PM   #116
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Forged internals are not necessary at all. I've seen cast pistons handle 30 PSI, it's all a matter of avoiding detonation with good tuning. 11 PSI is nothing to stock internals.
I will agree about the rear end though, V6 stangs have a weaker rear than V8's do standard.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:21 PM   #117
2002CamaroV6
AF Newbie

Angry sORRY, BUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

a 3.4 liter wll not bat a 3.8 liter mustang,but to Blackstang,
mustangs plain and simple suck.
whn my v6 was stock it was almost as fast as a gt and would bea a v6 mustang by 3 car lengths in a quarter mile
so, i added a ram air intake in, an intake lid, removed the maf and replaced it with intake mod chip and put on flows and i dropped in KN Filter
at that point it ran 257hp with 281 ft of torque
much to your dismay, it ran side by side with your so called Mustang, (ponies run faster than your car)
i soon learned that nascar uses my same engine only bored out,so i decided instead of selling my car, to keep it to make idiots in v8 mustangs look stupid
then, i added exhaust cutouts, removed the cat, added a hypertech 3 chip and 160 degree thermostat, and ignition coilovers, sparkplug wires, and new sparkplugs,
its runs 288hp with 326 ft of torque
now i smoke v8 mustangs on a daily along with 3 series BMWS a4 and A6 audi's
so i would b caught dead in a v6, or while i burn by your v8 mustang
and by the way, a z28 is .6 seconds faster than you mustang on a 0-60 stock and a ss is close match to a corvette so you dont need to lie to kick-it, i know there is no way any mustang gt comes close to those times, and if you want to spend 35-50 gs on a mustang saleen or cobra, go ahead and waste your money on a ford, because a 30,000$ ss with less than 5 grand invested into will destroy any car ford has ever even dreamed of!
have a nice life, and be smart, sell your ford
Old 12-15-2003, 08:29 PM   #118
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Re: sORRY, BUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002CamaroV6
and if you want to spend 35-50 gs on a mustang saleen or cobra, go ahead and waste your money on a ford, because a 30,000$ ss with less than 5 grand invested into will destroy any car ford has ever even dreamed of!
I wasn't going to reply until I saw this comment. How about spend 26K on a GT, and that 4K in mods with beat an SS. It just go's round and round when you start talking like that. Like another example would be buy a Honda Civic and with 10K in mods it will smoke any SS or stang.
The exhaust on a GT is so restrictive, just replacing the muffler with a Flowmaster 40 series, no other mods, gets you 20 WHP. A Mach I can compete with a Z28, it's so close it really comes down to the Driver.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:37 PM   #119
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Re: sORRY, BUT YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002CamaroV6
mustangs plain and simple suck.
And if that was true, the mustang wouldn't be here anymore. Wait a minute, the Camaro isn't here anymore. Hmm, maybe it sucked.
Mustangs sold so much more than all F-bodys combined. So STFU
Old 12-02-2004, 01:24 AM   #120
black96maro
AF Newbie

HAHAHA kiddies, you wont be wanting to pull next V6's like this.

This is mine.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/black96camaro

This is someone elses.
http://www.firebirdv6.com/~shane1015

Boosted GM 3800 V6 motors are serious players

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons