Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Fabrication & Tools > Fabrication Tools
Fabrication Tools Discuss and learn about all types of tools used in fabrication, from angle grinders to english wheels.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 09:04 PM   #1
Lonely SOl
AF Newbie

Question Need Help deciding Air COmpressor

Hi I need to get a compressor and I also want to makje sure it is strong enough. I found a craftsman 33 gallon 150psi with 8.6/6.7 @ 40/90 psi. I was wondering if this will be strong enough to use tools like impact gun, grinder, air cut off tool, etc. And I also need to use a spray gun which I think take 7.0 cfm @ 40psi. I just dont want to run out of air so I was wondering If this air compressor will work. Thank you anyone who helps me out
Old 01-17-2005, 06:04 AM   #2
TheSilentChamber
Forunn Daberator

Re: Need Help deciding Air COmpressor

just look at the compressor specs and look at the tools your wanting to use specs, if the compressor capacity meets or exceeds the tool specs then your all good. That compressor will run most anything you want it depending on how long you want to run it. Your sanders, drills, and things like that require alot of air if your going to use them constantly. All the stuff you listed you should be fine on.

Old 01-17-2005, 08:49 AM   #3
CraigFL
AF Regular

You Craftsman compressor should run most everything for a home workshop. What's nice about Craftsman is that although you may pay a bit more up front, you can easily get repacement parts for it which will save you $$ in the long run.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:55 AM   #4
mike@af
Captain Over Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to mike@af Send a message via AIM to mike@af Send a message via Yahoo to mike@af

No need to double post.

mike.lawrence@automotiveforums.com | AutomotiveForums.com | Flickr Gallery

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Fabrication & Tools > Fabrication Tools