Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > F-Body Problem Diagnosis
F-Body Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
Rkeefer23
AF Newbie

98 Camaro electric and fuse issues

1998 v6 manual 3.8

So it started with my right blinker staying on when I try to use it. it doesn't work in the front but does in the back and stays solid when activated. A few months later, same thing happened to the left blinker. Shortly after (or possibly at the same time) both my brake lights went out. Only the center one under the spoiler works when I apply brakes. All running lights and other lights still work. I checked fuses with light tester, and all nine fuses on the box nearest to the front of the car get no signal. Unfortunately, the car didn't come with that fuse box lid so i have no idea what those fuses go to. The big fuses get a signal with my tester in both boxes as well as all the fuses in the other fuse box (except those huge grey ones I don't know how to test those). The nine fuses aren't blown and work in other slots, so i'm not sure whats going on. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Rkeefer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
izzydjinn
AF Regular

Re: 98 Camaro electric and fuse issues

Simply change your bulbs

izzydjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
Rkeefer23
AF Newbie

Question Re: 98 Camaro electric and fuse issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzydjinn View Post
Simply change your bulbs
Thanks, I just wasn't sure if that was causing the brake light issues or all those fuse to become unresponsive. Is there an easy way to access those front blinker lights? I can't seem to figure how how to get them off. Thanks again!
Rkeefer23 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
camaro , electric , fuse , fuses , lights
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > F-Body Problem Diagnosis