Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 04:00 AM   #1
T-Ball
AF Newbie

Need help! Range Rover alarm has locked engine

I have recently moved overseas. When my 2000 Range Rover arrived I drove it a few days with no problems. Suddenly the electronics started doing funny things: intermittently stuttering (radio, a/c, etc), the gas tank door would pop open, etc. I parked the car and when I returned to the car the car alarm sounded after opening the the unlocked driver side door. I attempted to start and the alarm by-passed the ignition system and would not allow me to start the car. I used the factory provided reset sequence in the door (using the key, turning left and right a set number of times). This worked and the vehicle started. I left the vehicle alone, satisfied the problem was fixed. Three hours later I returned to the vehicle and experienced the same thing as before. I again attempted the key reset sequence in the door to no avail. I continued to try several times with different sequences. Finally, the door mechanism simply stopped working. Now the vehicle is locked and I am unable to even enter the vehicle.

Thoughts, recommendations...
T-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:29 AM   #2
MoW
AF Newbie

Re: Need help! Range Rover alarm has locked engine

Something similar happened to me when the battery charge was very low.

Range Rover III 4.4
MoW is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque