Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Peugeot > 307
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 07:13 PM   #1
Dez_2005
AF Newbie

307 Looses Power

Hi,

Can someone help? I have taken back my new auto 307 peugeot to the dealer 4 times with this same problem.

The car generally runs well. As I approach to turn a corner, I slow down and then accelerate (after I have turned the corner). At this point the car has major power loss and has sometimes left me in the middle of an intersection basically at crawling speed. I put the accelerator right down to the floor and it revs like crazy, but doesnt actually move very fast. Once it "wakes up" it accelerates like I am driving in a rally!

The peugeot dealers keep updating software and cant seem to fix the problem. After buying it new just over 1 yr ago, I am considering getting rid of it because it's dangerous.

Does anyone out there have any ideas?
Dez_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:38 AM   #2
markfc
AF Newbie

does your Traction Control light come on when this happens?

Mines has started do exactly the same thing.
markfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:09 PM   #3
Dez_2005
AF Newbie

Re: 307 Looses Power

Sorry for the delay... in response to your question, no I dont get any lights come up. I have no idea what is wrong with this car.

Now, I have another problem.... as I am driving along, if I brake, the steering starts to shake (I think the car in general might shake). I am not braking particularly hard either.

Any ideas?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
genti555
AF Newbie

Cool Re: 307 Looses Power

Hello I have the same problem with the power loss.
It happens to me in a highway at 140-150km/h at fifth gear.
I asked the dealer and they say it must be it is caused by the "Air intake case" because it is too near to the air filter and as a result pollution air enters there and gives this problem.
this explains the message at the board lcd screen: “Antipollution fault”

I haven’t changed the air intake case yet, but I’m planning to.
It is a very dangerous problem though.
you can get crashed if you are not quick and restart the car immediately.

Here in albania
the "Air intake case" costs about 210$

genti555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:45 AM   #5
GatFrog
AF Newbie

Hi everybody,

Can somebody tell me if they managed to fix this issue once and for all, I have done lots of search on the web about this issue and it seems that this reoccurre.

Thanks

Gatfrog
GatFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
Dez_2005
AF Newbie

Hi,

Its me again (I originally posted this back in 2005).

The problem (power loss) continued right up until last year when I received an "automatic transmission failure" which sent the car into a "limp mode". I took it to the peugeot mechanic who told me that I had to pay to replace a valve on the transmission. After $904 (AUS) dollars, the problem has not occured since (i.e. the power problem has dissappeared). I have since written to Peugeot to complain about this and all the issues I have experienced since buying this car brand new in 2004.

Here is the list of severe issues I have experienced:
- 1 month after warranty ended, the chrome coating on my handbrake cracked and peeled
- The rotors have been machined 3 times to fix a shaking problem that I had with the steering wheel (have been told I will need to replace them if the problem occurs again)
- The transmission valve needed replacing @ 50,000 kms
- Now the car is at the mechanics because the alternator and battery has died (approx cost ~ $700 - $1200)

May I add that my car has done only 53,000 kms!!!!

I have taken up all these issues with Peugeot and am waiting for a reply.

I will let you know how it turns out.

Meanwhile, has anyone had or know of any similar issues, as I would love to notify Peugeot and let them know about them!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #7
Dez_2005
AF Newbie

Hi All

As promised, here is my update:

Peugeot responded and said that despite my car having done only 53,000 kms, my car is out of warranty and hence they are not obligated to assist me with any of the issues I have complained about. She also said that there is nothing that I can do about it cause the decision has been made and that is it!

I noted that I understand that she has done all that she can do, but asked to speak to her manager because I wanted to take this further. She refused to transfer the phone call! I asked if I could have the name of this person so that I can escalate it myself, and she refused to give me a name.

Despite remaining very claim and reasonable on the phone, she decided to hang up on me!!!

About 1/2 day later i got a call from her manager (obviously, she decided to pass on my request) who listened to my complaint. He said that there is nothing that can be done, but to make me feel better, he will put in a claim to the warranty department but he made it clear that I dont have a hope!

Meanwhile, may car is still sitting at the peugeot mechanic. I am so upset over this! I am considering taking my car elsewhere to get fixed and then start to look for another car.

Even though I will struggle to pay for a new car, if I am having so many issues with a car which has only done 53,000 kms (and Peugeot are refusing to accept any liability). All I can think of is "what else is going to go wrong with this lemon!". Its probably not worth the stress and anger and I am better off buying a cheapish new car with a warranty.

Can anyone recommend a good and reliable car in a similar price range?

If there is anything you think I can do to get this issue rectified with Peugeot (any other paths to take), I would be very happy to hear about it.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #8
Dez_2005
AF Newbie

Since my last reply, Peugeot refused to replace the alternator as a good faith gesture, and instead quoted me $1300 to replace it. I decided to pick up my car from their workshop and get the alternator replaced elsewhere!

When I went to pick up my car, they tried to charge me $200 for a new battery! They must have thought that being female, that I would not realise that I would be wasting my money if the alternator was not working!!!! I demanded they put back my original battery, which is what they ended up doing after I made a big fuss about it in their office infront of all the other customers.

I ended up getting an non-geniune alternator for $1000 installed.

It's now June and my car has now done 57,000 kms and guess what? My airconditioner is now making strange noises when I turn it on.... yet another problem.... surprise surprise! On top of this, my steering is shaking again, which means my disks are warping yet AGAIN... unfortunately they have been machined so many times, that I probably need to replace them too!

I am seriously considering getting rid of this poor excuse for a european car. I will never buy or recommend a Peugeot again. This 307 has been nothing but trouble, and it had cost me almost $40K (once I added my extras) to buy when I bought it new. For that sort of money, I think I would have gotten a much better car from another manufacturer.

As I said to Peugeot Australia, the cost for them to repair my car is negligable and yet they have refused to accept that these problems should never had occured on a car so young and with so few kms!

I will now spend the rest of my life telling everyone I know (and don't know!) about the problems I have had with my car and Peugeot's unwillingness to help me. I hope that if you are looking to buy a Peugeot, that you will read my story and reconsider - it's simply not worth the heartache and EXPENSE. I know it looks beautiful and has some awesome extras... but don't let that draw you in!

For all of you who have already bought a new Peugeot, my biggest recommendation is to buy some additional warranty, as all my problems started one month before my warranty was due to expire...... and NO, they never offered to sell me a further 3 year warranty like most other services centres do when you are nearing the end of your new car warranty...... wonder why?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #9
Dez_2005
AF Newbie

Hi Everyone....

Its me AGAIN! The dramas continue..

About 3 months ago, I decided to open my factory fitted sunroof but it wouldn't open. You cant even hear the motor turning!!! Since I bought the car (brand new), I have used the sunroof no more than a dozen times! I prefer the A/C

On top of this, the gear changing is now because really rough and the car drives like a donkey (no offence to donkeys - they are a gorgeous animal).

Being newly married, my husband has also had the absolute pleasure of driving this car, and he cannot believe his eyes!! He thinks its the worst car he has ever driven!

I plead with everyone out there... DO NOT BUY A PEUGEOT! Not unless you plan to get rid of it before the warranty expires, because as soon as it does, all the problems start and Peugeot aren't interested in hearing them!

Stay tuned, until the next time!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Peugeot > 307