Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 04:26 PM   #1
reapercrew19
AF Newbie

1993 4.3 cheyenne swap

I need help here.. LOL I know engine swaping can be a pain, I have a 1993 v6 4.3 TB chevy Cheyenne with a 4l60e tranny , I bought a create motor which is 2000 SB 5.7 350i and made it carb instead of TB and a new 4L80e. I have everything in the truck already it fit in just fine all I had to do was move the motor mount and change the yoke on the drive shaft. my questions are, will my original wiring work or do I have to get a new one? The wiring connector plugs right in the new tranny (4L80e) I did buy a reman computer incase original wont work. here is the specs on my truck

350 SB 5.7 create engine
Flow Tec Headers
Holly Carb
Edelbrock waterpump
high out put alternator
holly elec fuel pump
MSD ready to run distributor
holley intake

Any advice or help would be awesome.... let me know if this will work or if im dumb lol
reapercrew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:57 PM   #2
reapercrew19
AF Newbie

Re: 1993 4.3 cheyenne swap

[IMG][/IMG]
reapercrew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:50 AM   #3
fast68chevy
AF Newbie

Re: 1993 4.3 cheyenne swap

well im not sure how to run a 4L80E trans without TBI engine sensors like the TPS etc that are required for shifting points etc by the ECM, but you technically dont need any of the engine part of the harness and ecm for the carb engine., but the trans is electronic.,. so youre in a dilemma here.,.,., technically need a TPS on the throttle./carb linkage somewhere, and a module of some sort to run the solenoids shifting of that trans hmm...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K