Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Outlander
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 05:53 PM   #16
supermanrob
AF Newbie

Re: any other outlander owners here?

I have a 2007 Outlander XLS and love it also. My g/f bought my 2004 Outlander and that ran great with no problems! Had one question and not sure if anyone can give me an answer. Would having 07 vehicle waxed help or hurt the vehicle? I have the dark blue one and dirt shows up a little easier than a light color. I was thinking of having it waxed but not sure if it will help or is it just not a good idea for a new vehicle?

Thanks for any help
supermanrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #17
rivs4
AF Newbie

Hi im just baught a 2008 outlander and lovin it! I hav a black one and wax is something absolutly mandatory for dark colors. I live in the Dominican Repblic and its anoying how much dust there is EVERYWHERE! I usualy wax my cars abput every 2 weeks when they are new and it keeps the paint shiny as new. But u need a good wax. I use the meguiars NXT witch just need a very light layer and is very easy to remove when it dries.
rivs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #18
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

i usually don't wax a new car until about 6 months or so, just soap and water.

congrats too on the 07 outlander! been contemplating on trading in out 05 model for the new one but a huge payment looms over the horizon for a condo unit, so that'll have to be kept just a contemplation. LOL!

besides, the 1st gen's fun on trackdays, even on stock everything.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:31 AM   #19
ozzie32
AF Newbie

I have had an 03 for a year now and really like it. With all the snow we had this winter it was great to plough right through everything and never get stuck. I just started to have a problem with the transmission. The semi auto function does not work and when in full auto the D does not light up on the dash. Otherwise it still drives and shifts great. Anyone know of this problem and what it might be?

Thanks
ozzie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #20
jackyy186
AF Newbie

Hi I am new to this forum. I own the 2006 AWD. I have problem taking the bolt off the rear drum-disc to replace the brake lining. Any suggestion ??
Also is it easy to replace the timing belt ? Thank you all in advance for any ideas. I like my Outlander very much.
jackyy186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:28 AM   #21
RahX
AF Enthusiast

The timing belt isn't too bad just make sure you replace the secondary belt behind the main and make absolutely sure you get the balance shaft in the right position. What bolt are you talking about?
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #22
jackyy186
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahX View Post
The timing belt isn't too bad just make sure you replace the secondary belt behind the main and make absolutely sure you get the balance shaft in the right position. What bolt are you talking about?
Thank you very much for your reply. -- The bolts that hold down the rear brake calipers. I stripped one of them . I want to take it offto see the star wheel inside to adjust the brakeshoe to the drum. Looking through the hole of the drum did not see a typical spring clip on the star wheel.
So I don't know if it is correct to pry it upward to tighten the brakeshoe. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #23
RahX
AF Enthusiast

Turn it several turns one way and see how tight it gets. If it doesn't tighten, turn it the other. I *THINK* you are supposed to adjust it to 0 clearance then back it off like 20 teeth or whatever, I'd just back it off until you cant hear it rub and see how the parking brake feels.
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #24
basic122
AF Newbie

Smile Re: any other outlander owners here?

Well I bought a 2009 Outlander and it now has over 41000 km and it still drives like new as when I bought it home.Gas mileage could be better ,but it still rides great. I would buy one again when I go looking. Lots of room in it plus the sound system is great
basic122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #25
jackyy186
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahX View Post
Turn it several turns one way and see how tight it gets. If it doesn't tighten, turn it the other. I *THINK* you are supposed to adjust it to 0 clearance then back it off like 20 teeth or whatever, I'd just back it off until you cant hear it rub and see how the parking brake feels.

Thank very much.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:11 PM   #26
No_Floaters
AF Newbie

My wife and I liked our 2008 XLS with AWD, Sun & Sound, Leather & Nav so much we bought the 2010 GT with SAWC, Sun & Sound, Leather & Nav also. My oldest son has wanted an Evo forever & finally got a 2010. His wife got a 2008 Endeavor. So as a group we have quite a few.
No_Floaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #27
iBgodsmacked
AF Newbie

we just bought an 03. I have noticed a bit of a shudder around 35 mph to about 50 ish. I am really hoping it isn't a convertor shudder. New car so naturally i will need to become better aquainted with the vehicle. My biggest question is does anyone know where I could find a left and a right head light lense/ assembly. I have been on ebay and searched every salvage yard in the nation via the web and having a hard time finding one (on the cheap preferably). help and comments please.

All and all i must say I have been surprised and pleased with the ride and response of the outlander. I have read a few reviews with the "so called expert" who was writing it was complaining about the response of the engine. claiming the engine couldn't respond well enough for the heavier outlander since the motor was from galant.
iBgodsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 11:28 AM   #28
pryornfld
AF Regular

When I was switching from Park to Reverse a Service light came on for th s-awc then went off. I never had it fully in gear as I was waiting for someone to move...not sure what to think. 2014 GT
pryornfld is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Outlander