Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > RX-8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: who would win 1/4mile???
rx-8 17 15.04%
s2000 18 15.93%
350z 46 40.71%
srt-4 32 28.32%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 06:36 PM   #106
FDTT
AF Enthusiast

Re: who would win 1/4?

LMAO buddie think what you like. Your car is slow, and is plegued with design problems. I know, i work on them. There fun cars to drive but nothing to brag about.

Your about as smart as a thumb tac now arent you. I guarantee you have seen my motors and not even know it. But i dont perticularly care.

As for i dont get aroudn much comment, i supose you need to have a look around my shop then. Multiple porsches, NSX's, 510's, 240, 260, 280, 300ZX, tons of RX7's, RX3's, WRX, VW ect ect. Porsches are not 4 seaters, there 2+2's. There seats were designed for people with no legs. I have 944's, they have 4 seats in them but there not even seats. You have 4 doors pal. Full sized seats. Its not a sports car. And yes, Mazda does have enough money to buy out editors opinions. There dieing off so they need to get in the spotlite somehow.

As for a 450hp porsche owngin every car i have built. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH my daily driver has over 450whp. My 20B tripple turbo will be pushing out over 1000whp. The FD i just finished is making 683whp.
When you grow up and learn a few things come back and make a worthwile reply instead of being a kid and just insulting people. mmm k.

bye bye den

Dont drive faster than your angels can fly
FDTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:38 PM   #107
FDTT
AF Enthusiast

20B tripple turbo (est. power:1300whp)

94 FD, streetported, 3mm seals, 225,000kms and still pounding out 418whp.

my fun bench

Recently completed 95 R2 with full BP, big boost (ext power 650whp @18psi)

Oops, not one of my cars, but mine none the less.

Old 09-23-2005, 06:58 AM   #108
drftk1d
boost in, apex seals out

Send a message via AIM to drftk1d

deja vu
Old 10-27-2005, 10:52 AM   #109
carbuzzard
AF Newbie

Re: Re: who would win 1/4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDTT
"And yes, Mazda does have enough money to buy out editors opinions. There dieing off so they need to get in the spotlite somehow."

"...instead of being a kid and just insulting people. mmm k."
Do you have any proof that magazine editors are on the take? Or is making accusations just your way of winning friends and influencing people? You probably do know your stuff from a tech standpoint--we only know what you've told us--but until you can substantiate your your claims, I think you owe many people a lot of apologies.

And since we're being critical, you might look into the proper use of "their," "there" and "they're." There is a difference in the way they're to be used; their purposes are completely different. It's spelled "dying," not "dieing," and it's "spotlight," not "spotlite."

P.S.: Bribed anyone yourself lately?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:23 AM   #110
FDTT
AF Enthusiast

My proof comes in personal experance with these cars. As well as the experance of othere drivers of these cars. I dont need to read a magazine that is biased (no matter what you say, everyone of them is).

Indeed, i may be wrong in that statement, but the 8 is not a fast car in straight lines. In the corners its right up there (still needs some tweeks IMO).

I dont beleave i owe a single person an appologie on here. If im attacked, then i will retaliate, we call it human nature. Im intitled to my opinion, as are otheres to there own. I will not attempt to change anyone opinions, just state my own. So take it with a grain of salt.

and yes, im sorry for my poor spelling and use of grammer, it has never been a strong point for me.

As for bribes, cant say i have. I let my work do the talking for me.

Old 10-28-2005, 09:27 AM   #111
ccasmoe00
AF Newbie

Your fighting a losing battle. Though I love my RX8, we'll get beat by all of them in the 1/4 with equal drivers(but not by much at all). Add a track and then we'll do some damage to all of them.

To the guy arguing his point about the 8. I understand you but in the 1/4 we'll lose in most cases. But most people seem to forget especially most of the FD owners, that our RX8's don't have a stock Turbo in them or a huge Engine. The later RX7's were light and had Turbo's so they could do some damage. Take the turbo out of the 7 and its playing with civics. The 350Z and G35 have a huge V6 in them.(I really think of them as muscle cars anyway's). Then you have the SRT-4, EVO and STi which all have Turbo's and two of them with AWD!(Rally cars, LOL)

Also just to add a point alot of the above competitors have Big Name Performance Struts, Brakes and other performance enhancing products on them. Most people don't look into depth with things, but rush to pass judgement. The RX8 is all Natural, it doesn't need a Turbo, Brembo Brakes and Mac Pherson Struts to get good performance numbers. *Side Not* Holly Crap, imagine what it would do if it did.

ACT Clutch, Flywheel and Pressure Plate.
ccasmoe00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:06 PM   #112
carbuzzard
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDTT
My proof comes in personal experance with these cars. As well as the experance of othere drivers of these cars. I dont need to read a magazine that is biased (no matter what you say, everyone of them is).

Indeed, i may be wrong in that statement, but the 8 is not a fast car in straight lines. In the corners its right up there (still needs some tweeks IMO).

I dont beleave i owe a single person an appologie on here. If im attacked, then i will retaliate, we call it human nature. Im intitled to my opinion, as are otheres to there own. I will not attempt to change anyone opinions, just state my own. So take it with a grain of salt.

and yes, im sorry for my poor spelling and use of grammer, it has never been a strong point for me.

As for bribes, cant say i have. I let my work do the talking for me.
But you deliberately said that Mazda bribed magazine editors. Saying that you have personal experience with cars...I don't see what that has to do with anything, other than what you've written to others. If you can present a single example of money changing hands between Mazda and an editor, I'd be interested in hearing about it. But you can't. So if you've made accusations about Mazda having bribed editors, and then admit that you can't substantiate it, don't you think that should call for an apology?

Of course, just as you can accuse editors off taking bribes to lie, I can state with no equivocation that some tuners, um, exagerate the power output of the cars they build. Then too, how many tuner cars show up at magazine shootouts and puke their guts out, or get blown off by other tuners cars? Do you know anyone who that has happened to?
Old 10-29-2005, 02:59 AM   #113
FDTT
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: who would win 1/4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuzzard
But you deliberately said that Mazda bribed magazine editors. Saying that you have personal experience with cars...I don't see what that has to do with anything, other than what you've written to others. If you can present a single example of money changing hands between Mazda and an editor, I'd be interested in hearing about it. But you can't. So if you've made accusations about Mazda having bribed editors, and then admit that you can't substantiate it, don't you think that should call for an apology?

Of course, just as you can accuse editors off taking bribes to lie, I can state with no equivocation that some tuners, um, exagerate the power output of the cars they build. Then too, how many tuner cars show up at magazine shootouts and puke their guts out, or get blown off by other tuners cars? Do you know anyone who that has happened to?

Well the proof is in the magazines.
Have a look through your news stand. You will see some magazines have loads of sdvertisements through them for Mazda products, where others dont. The ones that have the ads that are all over the place are the ones that placed the RX8 as the top runner in there comparisons. Where as the othere mags without the add suport from Mazda did not place the car the same way.
But you are right, like i said for the second time, i dont have proof. But that does not constitue an appologie.

I cant comment on the "tuners" you speak of because everyone who bolts on body kits and does B18 swaps is calling themselves tuners. Yes, they do tend to imbelish there power numbers as no one wants there cars to look poor compared to the competition. But i can put money on my claims as i have built similar cars and come out with similar numbers, i dont simpley pull them out of thin air.

PS on a sad note, the 20B triturbo S5 will be almost strictly show car stuff. It almost makes me sad to complete the car because it will never get pushed with what its got. But i have to make a living some how :P

I do appologize if i offended you, or others, but im intitled to my opinions and therfore will share them with others. I also said the hole "bribe" thing about the cars based on assumption from looking at adds in these mags.

PS the only real thing i think i need to appologize for is my spelling, its horrable LOL

Old 11-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #114
travisto
AF Newbie

3 of them are well within reaction time and driver error. The only one that would probably never win is the RX-8. My friend has an 05' manual, and is a very good driver. I have an 04' MSM. He has never beaten me, nor finished within a car of me. For some reason in all RX-8's nowhere near 238 BHP gets to the ground. On my personal dino I ran 3 RX-8's they all ranged betweeen 170-181 WHP.
travisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:39 PM   #115
ccopriviza
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ccopriviza

an srt4 would stomp a 350 in actual racing
ccopriviza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:02 AM   #116
drftk1d
boost in, apex seals out

Send a message via AIM to drftk1d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccopriviza
an srt4 would stomp a 350 in actual racing
not when this thread was made
Old 12-01-2005, 08:47 AM   #117
ccasmoe00
AF Newbie

From my understanding, Magazines are just like TV and Radio Stations. That's how they're able to stay up and running. Every magazine is going to have advertisements in them. Just because companies have paid the magazine to put an ad in, doesn't mean that "if" the car has an article in the magazine at that point in time that they're going to give it a good review. The RX8 has plenty of great reviews because its a great car. Get that through your heads. It just made car and drivers top 10 list for 2006 AGAIN. That's 3 years in a roll now. You guys need to get rid of your tunnel vision and look at the car as a whole.

Its still funny how an so called "underpowered car" can keep up with the big boys........................

Old 12-01-2005, 08:57 AM   #118
ccasmoe00
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisto
3 of them are well within reaction time and driver error. The only one that would probably never win is the RX-8. My friend has an 05' manual, and is a very good driver. I have an 04' MSM. He has never beaten me, nor finished within a car of me. For some reason in all RX-8's nowhere near 238 BHP gets to the ground. On my personal dino I ran 3 RX-8's they all ranged betweeen 170-181 WHP.
What cars are? I've never seen a car get very close to its stated engine HP!

G35 Dyno

Another G35

There are plenty more but I have to find them. Most of the Dyno machines are BS anyways. Heres a experiment that Turbo Magazine did with an 350Z:

Mixed Results for Dynos

Old 11-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #119
Gotian
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Gotian

well since someone brought back this thread I guess I'll post, for an update, there are 4 superchargers in the works that keep the dyno line of acceleration the RX-8 have. one company is doing 3 stages, stage 1 gives you about 230whp stage 2 gives you 270whp and stage 3 gives about 315whp the other company who is making the 4th charger hasnt said exactly how much power they will find.
Gotian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:42 PM   #120
ghostrx7
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ghostrx7 Send a message via Yahoo to ghostrx7

i bet my 2nd gen rx7 turbo will eat an rx8 up, track or dyno... the kid i bought my rx from bought an rx8, and he likes the newness of it, but preferred the take off and handling of the 7..
atkins streetported 3mm seal engine, act clutch, lightweight flywheel, downpipe, straightpipe, greddy power extreme exhaust, hks ssqv blow off valve, short shifter, tein flex suspension, energy bushings, bonez intake, new brakes, rotors, toyo tires, mazdaspeed replica seats
ghostrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote