Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
Alex_86
AF Newbie

AUTO BODY REPAIR, UTI or Wyotech?

I dont know much about auto body repair but I am really interested in it. I was wondering is this a hard thing to learn with out any kind of experience. I was thinking about going to UTI or Wyotech. Is there any body here that has gone to either or does this already for a living.

Alex
Alex_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

Re: AUTO BODY REPAIR, UTI or Wyotech?

i have never gone to any kind of schooling. My uncle has been a body man for 30 years so i just learn in his garage and have worked at dealerships as his assisstant. You dont need any experience really if you go to a school. They will teach you regardless. Will it help, sure it may help, but they will teach you a certain way and with up to date equipment etc.

Either of those schools are good to go to. And each have there perks. Just research both schools to see what they may offer that better suits your interests.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:20 PM   #3
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

Ive met a couple people that went to UTI and said there courses were helpful, but seemed long and basic. They did help in the field, but if you wanted to get into a specific area such as engine building, then it would be a waist of time. I dont know about there auto body course but thats the general statement im getting from the people i know.

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

come to minnesota and go to dunwoody institute. much much more respected school than either UTI or wyotech. not the cheapest but you can get a job anywhere and i mean anywhere with a degree from dunwoody.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93

ok, im gunna put my 2 cents in here because im a WyoTech graduate... if all you want is basic auto body repair... the fancy schools are a waste of money... however if you really want custom fab, chassis fab, high perf engine building etc. along with basic auto body them WyoTech is the best.
Greenblurr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:30 AM   #6
Redneckgearhead96
AF Newbie

I am currently going to auto body at Northwest tech in goodland Kansas. It is way cheaper than wyotech and when speaking to a graduate at wyotech I have learned just as much as he has and for cheaper. But if you want to go into special courses wyotech is probably your best bet.
Redneckgearhead96 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX