Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > RX-8
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
shadetreephil
AF Newbie

05 RX8 heater blows cold air driver side

passenger side vent blows a little warm, middle vent and driver side vents blow cold. both heater core inlet and outlet tubes under the dash are extremely hot. I used the diagnostic feature (with the radio buttons) to test the temp control switch and it moves from 1 to 16 one click at a time like it should. anyone had experience where the diagnostics worked but the control switch was still bad? Is there a way to test the blend door actuator?

Last edited by shadetreephil; 12-08-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: more info regarding problem
shadetreephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
shadetreephil
AF Newbie

Re: 05 RX8 heater blows cold air driver side

found the actuator on the driverside. it moves with each type of change by the temp control switchs so the actuator appears to work, i'm gonna change out the air cabin filter before giving up and going back to another dealer. I'm still not buying what the closest Mazda dealer told me that it was the heater core needed flushing. If that were the case, I don't believe the inlet and outlet ports would both be so hot.
shadetreephil is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > RX-8