Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 01:08 PM   #1
fhrsds
AF Newbie

electrical problem

I have a 95 Pontiac grand am. I recently replaced the multifunction switch because the taillights stopped working. after replacing the switch the headlights would not turn off. I was able to get all of the lights to work properly by removing the flash-to-pass fuse. everything worked fine until last evening when the headlights stopped working. if I replace the flash-to-pass fuse the headlights will come on, but I cannot get them to turn off. additionally, I get a small spark or flash in the fuse panel when I reinsert the flash-to-pass fuse. does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this mess?
fhrsds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:24 AM   #2
GTP Dad
Pontiac Guy

Re: electrical problem

Welcome to AF!!

Check the connections at the switch and make sure nothing is touching either ground or to another wire. If you get a flash there has to be a short somewhere that is causing the issue otherwise the fuse would not be blowing. Also are you absolutely certain that the switch was the right part number to replace the old one. An incorrect switch can cause problems too.
GTP Dad is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM