Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 02:12 AM   #1
andybee
AF Regular

$250 Banger Rally - NY to New Orleans

I've previously competed on a Banger rally in Europe called the Staples2Naples. A2000 mile trip in a £100 Banger across Europe in the forum of a treasure hunt. Its an absolute scream. You can read my report here .... http://www.seatcupra.net/Staples2Naples_report1.htm There is a great team spirit with cars painted up in different graphics, often taped together with lots of dents (often appearing during the event!)

Now that I live in North America I was looking for something stateside.

I was on the Staples2Naples forum tonight and I noticed the organisers (who travel to the US frequently) have started a new rally from New York to New Orleans! Catch is you can only spend $250 on a heap. They had 100 teams in September this year, so I suppose they would be expecting the same number. Imagine seeing 100 bangers going through a quiet town all painted up and falling apart

website here... http://www.baberally.com/cgi-bin/esp...babe/index.esp

I'd love to do it, but as I'm 3000 miles from NY, I dont know how I'm going to work that one out

(sorry if this is in the wrong place)
andybee is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk