Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Elantra | Avante
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 10:18 PM   #1
timeclock
AF Newbie

76,000 mi told I need an engine cel on

I took my 2002 Elantra to KIA DIL works there for a power steering problem. They replaced the belts and the Pwr Steering pump because it had pumped fluid everywhere. When I picked it up it began trying to stall. I tried to take it back they had me wait until Monday. I left it there all day and the when I went to get it the tech said he had no trouble startting it (service writer said it wouldn't start, I told him that was not the problem. He said bring it back in the morning, it wouldn't start. I still have towing but I am the 2nd owner 60,000 is it. I had the free towing to the closet hyndai dealer and I phoned the KIA service writer he was angry because I told him what the tech said, He said he wrote stalling problem, I didn't care I wanted them to tow my car the 5 miles to them, they refused and wanted me to pay for it. I had already given them 300.00 plus 250.00 for car rental. Left it at the Hyndai dealer they kept it 3 days and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't stay started. They got in touch w/the techline and was told I needed an engine because the crank trustwasher was loose and the crank is walking which cause the ckp sensor to loose signal. Is it possible that something electrical could have happened whent the power steering pump was changed by the tech? Any help would be appreciated I am a single grandma raising 3 grands. I had to stop paying there after school tutor for awhile just to catch up now Christmas is out of the question.
timeclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 02:56 AM   #2
timeclock
AF Newbie

Re: 76,000 mi told I need an engine cel on

Took it to mom & pop Mechanic who replaced all the sensors fuel pump and injectors it is running but computer needs reprograming and the hyundai service is having dts errors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeclock
I took my 2002 Elantra to KIA DIL works there for a power steering problem. They replaced the belts and the Pwr Steering pump because it had pumped fluid everywhere. When I picked it up it began trying to stall. I tried to take it back they had me wait until Monday. I left it there all day and the when I went to get it the tech said he had no trouble startting it (service writer said it wouldn't start, I told him that was not the problem. He said bring it back in the morning, it wouldn't start. I still have towing but I am the 2nd owner 60,000 is it. I had the free towing to the closet hyndai dealer and I phoned the KIA service writer he was angry because I told him what the tech said, He said he wrote stalling problem, I didn't care I wanted them to tow my car the 5 miles to them, they refused and wanted me to pay for it. I had already given them 300.00 plus 250.00 for car rental. Left it at the Hyndai dealer they kept it 3 days and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't stay started. They got in touch w/the techline and was told I needed an engine because the crank trustwasher was loose and the crank is walking which cause the ckp sensor to loose signal. Is it possible that something electrical could have happened whent the power steering pump was changed by the tech? Any help would be appreciated I am a single grandma raising 3 grands. I had to stop paying there after school tutor for awhile just to catch up now Christmas is out of the question.
timeclock is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Elantra | Avante