Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 09:27 PM   #1
DukeLuke500
AF Newbie

Exclamation Alero Jack Points and Stands

I'm trying to figure out where I can put jack stands under my 2004 Alero. I'm changing my struts in the front and shocks in the back (pre assembled).
Recently, I also changed my brake pads/rotors in the front and used the pinch welds on the front driver and passenger side to put the stands and the jack points (using a scissor jack with the owners manual recommended points) to jack my car.

I live in the rust belt, and these pinch welds are completely rusted. A few days ago when I went use these points the pinch weld on the front passenger side completely broke, so for about a foots length they're destroyed on this side and the drivers side is already bad enough. I think I can jack the front from the middle of the sub-frame with a floor I plan to rent and place two jack stands on each side of the vehicle where the bolts are..

however, I don't know where to place jack stands in the rear so that I can take the shocks out. The owners manual recommends the pinch weld, but I don't think it's safe at all. The sub-frame looks like it 'ends' near the rear in front of the rear tire. This doesn't look safe to put jack stands under, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any advice on this? I need this done ASAP. It would be nice to see some pictures. I've been scouring the internet and haven't been able to find anything outside of the pinch welds that looks sturdy enough on my vehicle and I want to make sure it's safe and secure.

I've tried to find a service manual online with no luck.

Help please!!

Last edited by shorod; 05-12-2017 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Removed hyperlinks in text - likey from pasting in from another site.
DukeLuke500 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
jackpoints , jackstands , rust , safe , sub-frame
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero