Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Club Wagon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 08:46 PM   #1
lostsoul74
AF Newbie

tranny problems on a 95 e-150 clubwagon van. 4.9 auto.

Hey guys, got a great deal last week on a 95 ford e-150 clubwagon van for 650, (4.9, straight 6, auto) the exhaust weld broke loose, took it for a test drive before driving it, but with all the noise from the exhaust, all i could do was put her on the freeway and make sure she drove fine. Now i got hte exhaust welded back on (30 bucks), and at first, i wasnt sure, but i think it has tranny problems. I've had a couple guys ride with me, and everyone has mixed feelings, if it's tranny, or otherwize. It's hard to describe, so i'll do my best and perhaps this is a common known problem and you guys will already know what i'm talking about.
ok, if i'm sitting at a light, and it turns green, if i give it just a little gas to ease out, it almost feels as though the tranny is slipping for the first 3 seconds, then is fine through all gears after that. if i'm sitting at a light and give it medium to heavy pedal, she takes off fine. Thats why i wasnt sure if it was indeed a tranny slipping, or maybe a sensor. But recently, i've noticed while on the free way, when i let off the gas to coast, unlike all my other vehicles which would upshift and smooth coast, this doesnt change shifting and you can feel it slow drag down. I remember years ago i had an old chevy van that did similiar to that, it was just a 10 dollar od sensor. Does this sound right, and would this also cause the burps with easy pedal from a stop light???? I have no warning lights or anything, and hard to tell what is doing what. I live in the city and work very close, so really havnt had this out too much to really pinpoint exactly what is doing what, at first i thought maybe a tps sensor, then maybe bad plug, maybe a fuel filter, etc. etc., then i started to notice that it didnt upshift during coast. Any known issues with these tranny's guys that would be causing both of these. Also, one minor thing i've noticed too since i got your ear, my temperature gauge doesnt work on the dash, it did once for a second after i started it after getting gas, pounded on dash thinking it was short, but havnt gotten it to come back on again. Thanks for hte help guys, save me the time of trial and error... lol.
lostsoul74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
kgbrown72
AF Newbie

Re: tranny problems on a 95 e-150 clubwagon van. 4.9 auto.

I am looking at possibly buying a 98 van with the same problem. I am hoping to find out if it's a fairly cheap repair of if it is not. Or possibly something I can do myself.

Thank you
kgbrown72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
trannyman52
AF Regular

Toooo much information on non related problems......in drive or any foreward mode ,,,foreward clutch is applied,,always,,,reason for slippage or dis-engagement,,,,,low fluid level,,,plugged filter,,,worn foreward clutch frictions,,,worn or leaking drive rings,,,worn or damaged foreward clutch seals,,,binding or locking feeling generally suggests welded {really damaged}friction packs...dropping the pan will tell the tale....
trannyman52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
trannyman52
AF Regular

Toooo much information on non related problems......in drive or any foreward mode ,,,foreward clutch is applied,,always,,,reason for slippage or dis-engagement,,,,,low fluid level,,,plugged filter,,,worn foreward clutch frictions,,,worn or leaking drive rings,,,worn or damaged foreward clutch seals,,,binding or locking feeling generally suggests welded {really damaged}friction packs...dropping the pan will tell the tale....
trannyman52 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Club Wagon