Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:59 PM   #1
ColoradoSilverado
AF Regular

Add a leaf, leaf spring helper

Anyone have any experience with these ? I load up my truck a lot with dirt, rocks etc. and don't like the sagging.

Bert
ColoradoSilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:05 AM   #2
chuck16
AF Enthusiast

Re: Add a leaf, leaf spring helper

Well I've asked the question here before or partaked in discussions about this and when I get some cash I'm going to purchase new springs with an extra leaf for my truck and get some Timbren load helpers. They say not to overload a 1500 too much because of the hydroformed frame. It doesn't have the same strength that a 2500 has. However, that being said talking to all of the guys the extra springage and the the load helpers are a good way to go. Some guys like air bags as well....

I agree I put a yard of dirt in my truck right now and she sags pretty good bouncing on the overload rubbers but, I know with better springage and the timbrens that would go away. I use to have a 90 Blazer with bad springs and I put new springs with an extra leaf in there and it made all the difference to load capacity and ride height.

2008 GMC ACADIA
SLE Edition, 7 passenger model

I AM Canadian!!
chuck16 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado