Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 08:25 PM   #1
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Prius--my view

I hope I do not anger because it is not my purpose. Here are facts re my car:
1) The mileage figures are nonsense. If you use the air (90F) and if you do not become a road hazard---you get about 38 mpg.
2) You only get the advertised mileage if you use no air --stay under 60--and accelerate so slowly that the CVT hits its highpoint very early and you are a road hazard.
3) With an 11 gallon tank--aside from fuel cost--your range is not as good as a Lexus with a big tank and a 22mpg cruise.
4) A VW TDI is definitely better if you want good mileage with normal driving.
5) The fuel consumption readout drives one crazy.
6) People with Kerry stickers think you are like them.
Well I own one---but!
mauleskyrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 06:36 PM   #2
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Prius--my view

[quote=mauleskyrocket]I hope I do not anger because it is not my purpose. Here are facts :
4) A VW TDI is definitely better if you want good mileage with normal driving.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me tell you why TDI is better :

1) PAH fine particles from Diesel - several independed researches and studies proven it causes cancer.

2) 40% cancer from city related air traffic environment will come from Diesel (cars and factory) (from 2003-next 10 years)

3) Pah particles are almost similar to those of asbestos, after you inhale critical amount of the same, it is only question of time when your lung will develop pathology.

Many earth friendly organizations and as well as independed ones are making effort to warn people of Diesel "power", that is deliberately kept quiet for $$$ reasons.

So yes, your Diesel is "fantastic" choice.

If you have no relatives, friends, family and fell no responsibility as unique individual whose decisions reflect value for this planet no matter how it might feel small, then yes go to your Diesel, save what you only borrow now to keep for future generations : HOME = EARTH

Why not buy SUV & Diesel that is exquisite choice from HELL !
After all, one war or two, who cares, right?

As long we can all drive "big" cars.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:36 PM   #3
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

You definitely have that Kerry sticker fella. Prob love Kennedy too. Your answer is pure nonsense.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:33 PM   #4
Volken
AF Regular

Re: reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauleskyrocket
You definitely have that Kerry sticker fella. Prob love Kennedy too. Your answer is pure nonsense.

While reading your eloquence presented in your writing I presume you are in elementary school?

If so, I apologize for too many advanced information, you will get to that in high school, very soon.

As for your candidates, I leave them all to you. Every one is best money can buy in politics.

Try to read more and educate your mind, otherwise others will choose for you.

Until that time you will "sticker fella" in ignorance.

As for nonsense, on planet that has only 1.5% drinkable water and countries that are turning their backs on Kyoto protocol, people like you are what every politician can hope for: Sleepy consumer

Just to see how "nonsense" is this :

http://archive.greenpeace.org/climat.../17diesel.html

http://www.pirg.org/reports/enviro/dangerousdiesel/

http://childrentoday.com/resources/a...eseldanger.htm

http://www.rtpnet.org/~wakelwv/EnvironmentCom.htm

http://www.pirg.org/reports/enviro/d..._Of_Diesel.pdf

kind regards,
Old 05-11-2004, 06:39 AM   #5
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Re: reply

I posted to talk about my prius and that a TDI was better. You come back with liberal rhetoric from Greenpiece etc. You liberals never miss a chance---talk about cars and you want to talk about the environmrent=====the new home of the pinko left wing. Over and out.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:31 PM   #6
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Re: reply

Quote:
I posted to talk about my prius and that a TDI was better. You come back with liberal rhetoric from Greenpiece etc. You liberals never miss a chance---talk about cars and you want to talk about the environmrent=====the new home of the pinko left wing. Over and out.

You utter Wis entirely.

You are just too sagacious for my wisdom.

Copy paste this text and over the years read the same again.
Maybe you grasp why on earth you failed to understand this point.

Indeed I'm talking about your Prius (soon to purchase the same in Europe) and how exquisite Toyota made the same. Yet you drag about your "inconvenience" with cleanest car on the planet and you would want even better economy.

This dirt Diesel engine you dare to compare with with ingenious Toyota's creation?

You strike me as very cheap driver in land that swims in free Oil,(compared to other countries) and driving is almost free, yet you would like better economy? - ride bicycle then to save even more money!!!

Liberals?, I think you would require supplement in education to understand structure of civil society within politics and to understand that environment has no party !!!!!

It affects everyone !!! , even people like you, who think environment is cliché.

Too much television indoctrination does limit ones vista of higher sphere
then political party or nation.

You think that (provided links) cancer associated from Diesel is a flying comment you can pass over your dinner, maybe you can, until you become the one with the same (I hope not)

The essence of this magnificent car Prius is while every other manufacturer laughed at Toyota strivings to make this happened, and to make proof it is possible to make fantastic little car with performance nothing short of fantastic and yet cleanest commercial vehicle on the planet.

Prius was conceived for people who understand how their vehicle decisions do affect this globe.

You are clearly not the one. You don't even deserve to drive Prius.

Go, buy your Diesel, let someone who is more responsible to this planet drive this car.

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/volken/...ulonne2004.jpg
Old 05-12-2004, 02:33 PM   #7
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: reply

Old 05-12-2004, 08:22 PM   #8
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: reply

Quote:

This only proves that speed addicted reviewers don't feel enough sexy in their test Prius so would like to compensate in critique to gas mileage.

In either way, considering Prius breakthrough in making this engine cleanest commercial engine available only blind man would criticize technology that provides fantastic results and it is even in very early stages of what it will be able to offer in soon to come new version.

This is second Prius and how far it has reached since earliest stage and where it might come in Prius 3.

I could give you 10 time more links proving other points all in favor of Prius, but frankly, you are just not the person who either understand or appreciates the very essence of this pioneering synergy between vehicles and environment.

I'm very sorry to hear you purchased this vehicle, you are poor advocate of this technology and I hope you will never need to advise anyone about the same.

But thing are not that bad,since you are the very first Prius user who is so unconsidered and uninformed of this technology to my attention.

Some of us in Europe have to wait because of fantastic production demand in states.

Which is fantastic, I'm happy to hear folks in states like this car and care for its benefits.

Then again it makes me sick to wait when I hear that person like you is driving the same.

What a waste.

I hope you will sell yours soon.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:23 PM   #9
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Puppy

You sound like a sick puppy! I am sorry and apologize for any of us who own the car that do not meet with your approval. Oh, I wish you were French so bad.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:36 PM   #10
Volken
AF Regular

No I'm not the French.

But I feel like one when observing TV propaganda brain washed person such as yourself.

I'm not American either,but feel like one when someone with the same limitations like yours from Europe presents the same lame arguments.

If TV war propaganda can shape and fill someone's absence of understanding history and recent foreign policies in general relation to entire world, then poor is such mind.

Wake up !!!
Old 05-13-2004, 07:51 PM   #11
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Lesson

As someone who has served the USA and if you had a brain you would know how. Go stick it. U.S. policy is the best and keep it up and we will invade you- you sniveling fool.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:15 PM   #12
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Lesson

Quote:
As someone who has served the USA and if you had a brain you would know how. Go stick it. U.S. policy is the best and keep it up and we will invade you- you sniveling fool.

Necesse est multos timeat, quem multi timent.

Immodicis brevis est aetas et rara senectus.

mauleskyrocket = Inscitia mater arrogantiae.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:17 AM   #13
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

Re: Lesson

Tache sumare ton guenetz.(Thats Slovenian---go translate it genius)
Old 05-14-2004, 06:15 PM   #14
Volken
AF Regular

Re: Re: Lesson

Quote:
Tache sumare ton guenetz.(Thats Slovenian---go translate it genius)

Dear lord.

Hahahaha,...

Yes, lack of understanding Latin does make some people aggressive like you present yours here.

But shape you anger you furnish with even greater vice.

Slovenian language belongs to Slavic family of languages, not even one single word you wrote has any even remotely root in Slovenian language.

This quasi French/Latin combination is reflection of poor mind and nothing else.

Your school system "should" be proud with this extraordinary dilettante mastery gibberish you present to your own shame.

Do you even know where Slovenia is situated?
At least belonging continent ?

Hahaha, Kali Yuga is known name for this period of what we consider linear time.

It means -times of ignorance- when I read summation of your wis, I believe, even with greater aplomb.

Remember , everything you send comes back to you. Universal laws of action and reaction.

Your present thoughts are what shapes you imminent future.

At least make some effort to become a better man, man of free mind, read some book, let it take you where you never walked before. You might surprise yourself, there is so much more out there then just
raw limitations of inactive mind.

I hope you will path away from this sad mentality.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:48 PM   #15
mauleskyrocket
AF Enthusiast

short bus

Listen fella---that is from a Slovenian hymn you fool. I still think your French. I would love to be your neighbor. Wow. Who would believe finding you on a car board. I am sure Prius would love you as a spokes(person).

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General