Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 12:18 AM   #1
LEGO MY E
AF Enthusiast

Exclamation I Hate Ugly Ignorance

HATE is such an ugly word. UGLY is such a hateful word. Yet both of these words are used awful loosely in here. Do you know what both of these words typically have in common? 99% of the time they are said out of IGNORANCE!

If you are going to say anything negative about another product, vehicle... whatever... be sure you've at least done your homework first, ok? For instance, have you ever owned (or have you at least KNOWN SOMEBODY who owned) the item you dislike so much? Do you know what you are talking about?

There is a HUGE difference between disliking something for a reason, and disliking something "Just because". If you have an EDUCATED OPINION, please share with others so that they can benefit from your wealth of knowledge.

Let me give you an example of how I have learned this lesson the hard way...

In High School the old 'Ford vs. Chevy' debate was rampant. Yet this argument was and IS based on IGNORANCE half the time! I chose Chevy because my Mom had a Camaro at the time. I didn't even want to see the good points of Ford at the time, so of course to me FORD SUCKED!! That was a COMPLETELY UNEDUCATED OPINION and I would've been wise to keep it to myself. Later in life (after I grew up a little) I found myself behind the wheel of a FORD without even realizing what I had just bought! And yes, then I tried to justify the good points of FORD (amazing, huh?). So what was my conclusion? I found that my Mother had TONS of problems with her CHEVY... AND that try as I might to justify my purchase I too had TONS of problems with my FORD!! I have personally witnessed bad experiences with BOTH vehicles. But does that give me the authority today to say that EVERY FORD and EVERY CHEVY is crap? No, that too would be ignorant!

If we dislike the way something looks, or it doesn't suit our taste it is perfectly acceptable to voice your opinion, but please back up your answer with facts. Can we also do so without slinging insults or hateful words? If not, please keep your ignorant comments to yourself because NOBODY wants to hear it unless they too are ignorant.

Just my 2 cents.

LEGO
LEGO MY E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 02:51 PM   #2
RocketStang911
AF Enthusiast

Re: I Hate Ugly Ignorance

Very true LEGO! and I agree 100%.

Majoriety of the people who hate a certain car model or make are just straight up ignorant!

Just because you or you know someone who had a bad expierence with a certain car doesn't make all of them bad or just because you think a certain car is ugly doesn't mean it's a pieace of sh*t.

Everyone is entitled to their own oppinion and I respect those who specify why they dislike a certain car etc...So before you post an I hate such and such car, give some reasons why so I and the rest of us can see your point of view.
RocketStang911 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General