Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Scion xA/bB/xB/tC
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 11:47 PM   #1
safyay
AF Newbie

Paranoid about my transmission fluid >.>

Greetings
I own a 2011 toyota scion tc. It's on about 65k miles and I've had it for about 4 years. I am pretty good with the service maintenance, and lately I 've come across something I've never checked: transmission fluid. Ever since I saw that this is supposed to also get checked/changed, I've been paranoid about my car just blowing up in the middle of the road because of a lack of maintenance. I get super nervous at the smell of smoke when driving and prepare myself for possible pulling over. It's really stressful.

I go into my local service center and make an appointment. My car must be serviced from underneath, that's the only route to mingle with the transmission mechanisms.
They are charging me to just check it.

Are there any signs that come up on the dash when this is in need of a change or does it show up when damage has already been done? I checked the vehicle's service history from previous owners and I have no data of a transmission fluid check. I want to assume it's been done at some point considering the mileage but I don't know if I can truly rely on that. How often should it get done on my vehicle? How does a fluid change differ from a top-off and how do I know which I need?

Thank you kindly
safyay is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Scion xA/bB/xB/tC