Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: What pisses you off about the Import Scene?
Imports with more stickers that horsepower? 32 52.46%
Domestic cars trying too hard to be Imports? 3 4.92%
The scene sometimes being called the "asian scene"? 8 13.11%
The bull we get from cops for an after market catback on our gas sippin car as a 5mpg muscle car roars by? 18 29.51%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 03:23 PM   #106
Caddy_Daddy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Caddy_Daddy
Re: whoever said to race a modded viper and a modded civic...

Quote:
Originally posted by megadragoon
I downloaded a clip on grokster with a viper and civic racing. Let's just say the viper got it's ass handed to it.
i personally seen a Hennessy 550 Viper get 4 car lengthed by a 4 banger civic..(is car-lengthed a word??)...but the Viper just pulled out of the track after that....the same civic handed a guy in a supercharged 5.0 his ass not once...but three times...guy in the Stang kept saying that something must be wrong with his car...yeah...there was something wrong...it was slow
Old 01-02-2002, 03:35 PM   #107
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NismoDrifts
ONLY 4 CAR LENGTHS?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

so, how were all the cars modded? no way in hell ill believe only 4 car lengths to the viper, and a spanked 5.0 from a stock civic, so, whats the deal?

Oh yeah car-lengthed works as a word....coz you added in the "-"
Old 01-02-2002, 05:40 PM   #108
Caddy_Daddy
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoDrifts
ONLY 4 CAR LENGTHS?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

so, how were all the cars modded? no way in hell ill believe only 4 car lengths to the viper, and a spanked 5.0 from a stock civic, so, whats the deal?

Oh yeah car-lengthed works as a word....coz you added in the "-"
Civic was modded with about 20 psi turbo and a 150?? shot...he rebuilt the entire motor from the ground up...i cant remember what the civic dyno'd at...been a couple years since i seen it
Old 01-03-2002, 01:19 PM   #109
LS1CamaroZ28
AF Newbie

The idea of building a car that can smash Hennessey Vipers and the like is cool, but those Civics are so ugly that I could never fathom building one. Give me a Viper anyday, and I'll slap a few mods on to it and be happy.
Old 01-03-2002, 01:34 PM   #110
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Id rather take a real nice Vette........

coz you know once ya spank em in the viper theyre gonna be like "ok lets race on a curvy track" if ya have the viper itll be hard but if you have a reaaal nice vette and mod it to the price of your viper, youll be able to humiliate em again!
Old 01-03-2002, 02:38 PM   #111
Caddy_Daddy
AF Newbie

Yeah..thats the way i see it too..its cool and all to have a civic that can out run a Ferarri....but i would rather be sporting the Ferarri
Old 01-03-2002, 04:11 PM   #112
LS1CamaroZ28
AF Newbie

The cost argument is also completely against the import scene. Prices for parts are higher than that for domestic cars; reasons don't matter, I'm stating the facts. Then there is another simple fact: stock power. When you buy a Camaro SS, you're already starting with about 325 HP, naturally aspirated. You buy a Toyota Supra, you're starting with 320 HP, but that's already taking the turbos into account. You can pump the Camaro up with mods to increase HP, and do major work like heads and cam, and crank the power through the roof, and STILL have the option of turboing (though not a popular choice), supercharging, or adding spray. Hell, you could run a Paxton supercharger on 6psi and have a 75 shot of nitrous at the same time. Imagine that combination!! Of course, the satisfaction of making a car fast is something that cannot be surpassed, but for me, there is none in taking a car that was not meant to be worked on in such a manner (a four door Integra) and spending thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars to pump some pep into it. Cost is not on the import enthusiast's side.
Old 01-03-2002, 06:07 PM   #113
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
if i put the money into my impreza that an ss costs, i would smoke the hell out of it. cost is DEFINATELY on my side. its harder for a front wheel drive though, cost isnt on their side.
Old 01-03-2002, 07:09 PM   #114
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

AWD has sick launches.......

......and, is it really right to judge a car by where it comes from???

imports have their share of RWD, AWD and FWD....

new domestics are almost always FWD, with some RWD......

the camaro and firebird are gone, so as for new cars youre leaft with stang and vette.....

meanwhile, the impreza STi and lancer evo (not sure) should be coming by, along with the 350z......rx8........whether ya like it or not this may just be the ascension of import enthusiasm......

reliability, and survivability under high mileage ARE on the import enthusiasts side, annnnnnnnnd time IS money......

so, in conclusion, every car has its own characteristics, and where they come from is nothing......and the term import applies to ALL cars in the US that arent american.....lamborghini, ferrari, bmw, audi, porsche, etc.

soooooo.....yeah........post whore gets paid again
Old 01-03-2002, 08:05 PM   #115
LS1CamaroZ28
AF Newbie

I meant Japanese imports mostly.

Also, most imports are FWD. The RWD ones with speed are plenty expensive...like the Supra or such.

How much did your Impreza cost from the showroom?
Old 01-03-2002, 08:25 PM   #116
VW_Redliner
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to VW_Redliner
The only thing wrong with the supra is the inline 6. If I was goin for the RWD inline 6 I'd buy a BMW. AWD is nice though. But who cares when I got my Mr. Iceman coolio tails bro. That's gotta add about 15 horse and add another 5 for my clear corners. Hell ya. Fuck hondas. They are so dumb. And the little ricers. You roll up to me in your civic will you cold air intake and your exhaust I'll leave you a cloud of smoke with my jetta. I hate the clear thing. lets put clear tails on a blue car. Dumb I'm a smoked out person myself.
Old 01-03-2002, 08:39 PM   #117
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

the jetta.....germany's hard ass performance car the jettas pretty much in the same league as the civic, but i gotta give ya credit, the jetta is far better

smoked taillights are just as bad as clear if its on the wrong color car........

anyway, are we talking about civics?

and yeah i know you were talkin mostly bout japanese imports...and most ARE fwd....but not all rwd imports are hella expensive.....180 and 240 sx's are cheap to come by....

Just because Honda has a lot of rice doesnt mean its all rice.....you are waay too stereotypical VW....so from now on i dub thee KrautBoy

Ls1 ya know your stuff though from what im reading......the subaru WRX is a sub 25k car, but then again so is the camaro z28, and if im not mistaken, the z28 beat out the WRX in the 1/4
Old 01-03-2002, 08:52 PM   #118
VW_Redliner
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to VW_Redliner
I'm not stereo typical. I do like one honda. The S2000. That car is bad ass. I am NOT at all a honda fan. But that car gets props fosho. This guy that lives near me has one sittin on 18's and it's stock besides the crome rims. But that car is so fast. For around here. No one around my land has a fast import except for this one girl at school but she doesn't race her cars. The tail light thing is a mostly smoke world. Clear looks pretty dumb on most cars. People talk bad ass about their cars because of their clear corners and shit. I don't think that's cool. That "pisses me off about the Import Scene". I'm sure you can relate. I like nissans too. This guy at school has a bad ass 300zx.
Old 01-03-2002, 11:38 PM   #119
NismoDrifts
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, sorry if i was a lil too harsh in my last post. Its just that around my town i get way too much "if it aint made in amurika it caint be fast evur!" and well, i just get sick of it

yeah, the s2000 is a pretty bad ass car

and yeah, i hate rice too man, i think we all do....its tasteless, and they spend all that money on it with no engine mods and try to race....

i know this one guy who has all these stickers on his car, venom and everything.....so im like "so is it wet, dry, direct port? how bigs that shot?" coz i KNEW whatever he said hed be lying, and hes like "its the one with the computer and duhhh its like 100 horsepower" (pretty much his exact words) its pretty sickening

so, yeah, i think we all relate to hating the dumbasses out there
Old 01-04-2002, 12:20 AM   #120
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
yeah i love awd launches! im prob never buying another 2wd, but if i do, itll be rwd, fwd sucks! my impreza was $18,000 with 14 miles on it.