Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
BillyBoyBliss
AF Newbie

Immobiliser not working

I have a 2003 Subaru Heritage Wagon (Liberty body) and the buttons on my key remote lock and immobiliser have stopped working. I changed the battery and checked that it was delivering 3V. Also, I cleaned the small circuit board with alcohol and checked that the contact points were all ok. Fortunately the dealer supplied a spare key when I bought the car and it works just fine, but I'm worried that if the spare also fails I'll be left high and dry. Another thread about a Scenic mentioned about the 4 digit code from the manufacturer to reset the key. I've got my code but I don't think that resetting it will make both keys work. If you have any suggestions regarding repair of the key or advice about a replacement.. I would be much obliged.

BillyBoy
BillyBoyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
BillyBoyBliss
AF Newbie

Re: Immobiliser not working

Problem solved. I took the functioning and non-functioning key/remotes to a locksmith. They had a machine to test whether a radio signal was being emitted from the key when the lock/unlock key was pressed. The faulty key wasn't generating a signal. Although I cleaned the terminals on the small chipboard inside the key, the locksmith scraped some more and then the key started working.
BillyBoyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote