Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Swift
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 12:30 AM   #1
Florenciosc
AF Newbie

Question 95 1.3L timing set, and specs

I own a 95 swift with 1.3L engine, the original engine for this car was blown (overheated) so I bought a 97 metro 1.3L engine and hooked it up. Everything worked fine, I installed the engine, but all the sensors, distributor etc, where left from the blown engine. It started right up, and drives good, by the way is automatic transmision. So here is my problem, I tried to find here how to set timing and ? degrees bdtc, but I couldnt find, so the only part were I found some information about specs was at autozone page, which said this car should have 5 bdtc, and at a haynes repair manual it said i should disconnect a diagnostic harnes and jump with a wire two terminals, so I did, and hooked up my timing gun, started the car, the problem is that I moved the distributor retarding timing, but the marks, with the distributor fully retarded only reached 10 bdtc, obviously the engine feels strangled. Can anyone tell me what Im doing wrong, since I did everything the haynes manual said, or what is wrong with my car? Another thing my radiatorfan is jumped so its always, on. Should I fix this first?
Florenciosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
doug2060
AF Regular

Re: 95 1.3L timing set, and specs

Try searching or posting in the Geo Metro forum. I have seen this discussed there before. It's the same thing...
doug2060 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Swift