Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 01:42 PM   #91
Hemi Killer
AF Enthusiast

Re: Is Strada Sports Store still alive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRfan01 View Post
I had a very long wait for my order i placed around the start of the year.
it was the first time i ordered anything but it will be the last.
i wouldn't have minded waiting if he told me straight up, it was hard to get a straight answer from him about the progress of my order, but after a long wait and many emails my order was finally received....
I was just left with the impression he doesn't care when or how orders are dealt with....
I use MediaMixHobby.com.sg for a lot of my stuff. They are great, shipping is fast and the actual stock is displayed on their site. Hobby Link Japan, Hobby Easy and Hobby Search are all great too. It doesn't seem like there is a solid source in the US for the harder to find kits.
Hemi Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:09 PM   #92
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Killer View Post
I use MediaMixHobby.com.sg for a lot of my stuff. They are great, shipping is fast and the actual stock is displayed on their site. Hobby Link Japan, Hobby Easy and Hobby Search are all great too. It doesn't seem like there is a solid source in the US for the harder to find kits.
Hemi - killer - there's at least one USA source for those of us in the USA - Mac"s Modeling http://www.macsmodeling.com/ No I do not get a commission.

Anyhow Mac, either has it or can get it in short order (you can always contact him and get information on availability and price from him before you place an order if you send him an email) or (drop him a call) if he has it, the website lists quantities in stock Mac usually replies within 24-72 hrs, but REMEMBER Mac does this business with models and stuff because he is a modeler too and tries to help others that are also passionate about the hobby - he is NOT getting RICH off this Hobby - I've been to his place many times. AND He has a REAL 9-5 JOB 6-7 days a week BE REASONABLE with your DEMANDS.
Modeling in general is a SLOW hobby - do your HOMEWORK finding out what you would like to build and PLAN it all out in ADVANCE including WHERE and WHEN you will make your purchases.
REMEMBER - just because it's an EMERGENCY to you, doesn't mean your $10 order is an emergency to ANYONE else.

Keep in mind though - I do NOT know of any model retailers on the North American continent that stocks as much as Mac - or can get things as fast here. You need to also REMEMBER that the handful of automotive model builders here in the USA (very few) can send enough business to a USA retailer so the retailer CAN support themselves. This actually is the state of modeling all around the world except maybe Hong Kong and Japan. Therefore these retailers have to have a REAL job that pays their rent and food. Besides in my opinion every model builder that does NOT shop around for availability BEFORE price is a self made FOOL - CAVEAT EMPTOR - and has no-one to blame but themselves. Many people google Strada and see such LOW prices and the offer of free USA shipping on orders over $75.00 - DO you really expect that the vendor will have what you want in stock??????? For USA complainers - did you call him first?? did you send an email first??? ON AVAILABILITY before you placed an order???
You can always PAY by CREDIT card last I saw and in the USA a retailer of any kind CANNOT bill your credit card until the item is READY to SHIP. In addition you always will have the opportunity to CANCEL your order before it ships. And lastly there are PROTECTIONS by law in the USA to protect credit card users.
I always use PayPal for my model purchases here in the USA and Globally, because I have a 45 day RESOLUTION center that I can file a claim with for a FULL REFUND. USA Credit card protections give you up to 6 months, but there are LIMITATIONS to these LAWS and purchases, and OUTSIDE of the USA, do NOT GUARANTY you have these PROTECTIONS. So again CAVEAT EMPTOR (BUYER BEWARE) for those NOT lucky to have received some LATIN in their education.

Cheers
John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John18d For This Useful Post:
Hemi Killer (06-10-2015)
Old 06-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #93
Hemi Killer
AF Enthusiast

I should have mentioned Mac's. I have bought several nice detail sets from him and he does have some nice stuff listed on his site. He also shows his actual stock next to the item.

It does take a little while, which is normal, but he has always been up front about expected shipping times and he has great communication. I would definitely recommend him. Unfortunately, I don't do much F1 stuff, which is what his store is primarily focused on.

When I can finally suck it up and buy a Hiro kit, it will be from Mac.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:44 PM   #94
carbonkid
AF Newbie

Johns right Mac is a much better retailer .I only had to deal with Kevin once and it was enough for me . He never delivered on product and took forever to e-mail back . You can get product anywhere ,but you cant go wrong with Macs Modeling they are more F1 but you can get sports car stuff too . M&S hobbies is great on sports cars they have F1 but they are more in tune with sports cars and street cars but can get anything you want most of the time .The French stuff is hard to get for anybody you know 32hr work week and all , but great stuff when you can get it . Hope this helps and shut out to John hope things are going well stay in touch buddy .
carbonkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #95
RonCla
AF Regular

i've always been put off ordering from Mac's by the old school website that lacks a modern shopping cart.

I've never read anything bad about him so I guess he has his system up to scratch.
RonCla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:13 AM   #96
Hemi Killer
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonCla View Post
i've always been put off ordering from Mac's by the old school website that lacks a modern shopping cart.

I've never read anything bad about him so I guess he has his system up to scratch.
he dates his updates and he does them quite often. It is an old school website, but if you email he'll get back to you. I have ordered from him about 3 times now. his stock statuses are accurate
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi Killer For This Useful Post:
RonCla (06-13-2015)
Old 06-13-2015, 02:17 AM   #97
gearjunction
AF Newbie

No idea about it man... Keep trying or try their customer care number for quick ans..
gearjunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 03:31 PM   #98
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonCla View Post

RonCla - if you are looking for something and can't find it - Give Mac a chance.
You will NOT be disappointed by his service and he usually will ship out items within 24-48 hours of receiving the item from a vendor, and you know when this is, because that is when he will send the PayPal request for payment - NOT immediately at the time of order, like many other retailers.
I'm NOT aware of shipping costs to New Zealand, so I am NOT sure if the shipping costs could make purchasing an item from Mac "cost prohibitive" or not.
But if you really got to have it, and can't find it, then your options become limited.
I have learned that before I Start to build a model - I have located all the detail bits I will want to add to the model, and already purchased them, and only after I have it all together - I do NOT start the Build. I have too many models that I have started and NOT completed because the detail items became unavailable.

Hey Jim - shout out "back at ya" - I'll drop you a PM later this weekend.

Cheers
John

Also what does it matter what type of website it is????? I find Mac's website VERY easy to navigate and find items. The only thing I would change if it was my web-page, is add a "SEARCH" option.
I have found way more Model retailer wesites that are far more difficult to navigate or find things, and then there is NO "on hand" inventory to let you know if the retailer even has what you are looking for.

Mac - has spoken with me about how much money he had spent on a company to develop a new web-page, only to discover that it had significant problems after the finished "web-page" was delivered. I'm NOT sure where the new "web-page" is as far as being fixed, but I know it was a sizable amount of money that Mac spent that he feels was a waste.
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:24 PM   #99
flashman1957
AF Newbie

I also recommend Mac's. I've only ordered from him one time so far, but it was a very satisfactory experience where he responded within a day to my email inquiry, and I received my order within a week after the order was placed. A friend (hi, Mark!) also knows Mac well and has done business many times with him for years and also recommends Mac wholeheartedly.

But I also ditto John's reminder that Mac has a busy full-time day job, but he can be trusted to get back to you if you contact him.

As far as websites are concerned, remember that many of these retailers (or resellers) are small operations, and creating and maintaining a fancy website may not be worth the cost/time involved. For an idea of this, read this by Paul Fisher (another small outfit that I can confirm provides outstanding product and service): http://www.fishermodels.com/blog

Cameron
flashman1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling