Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > How-To's and Walk-Through's
How-To's and Walk-Through's Here's where we show you how it's done!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
riptech7
AF Newbie

93 D16Z6 swap into 91 CRX SI, Need help

Actually a 93 D16Z6 swap into a 90 CRX HF
Heres the deal, im setting up a 90 crx rally car. the car with a motor is a 90 CRX HF, the guy i bought it from swapped out the motor with a 93 civic EX D16Z6 with a rebuilt SOHC VTEC head, and did what i think is a shady wiring job with lots of tape and not alot of rhym or reason. the car still has the original HF computer i believe. The car runs, for lack of a better term, the guy i bought it from said it might be a bad TPS but i replaced it and nothing. I do have a 91 CRX SI with a toasted motor for a parts car. The Si has a horrible body and the HF is great and thats why im using the HF for the platform. My question is what do i need to do to get this car to be competetive, and actually get down the road. is it as simple as a computer and wiring swap? any other ideas or recomendations for performance other than turbo. so in a nutshell- need help with 93 D16Z6 civic EX swap into 90 CRX HF with possible 91 CRX Si donor parts. i do need the info to be pretty straight to the point, im not the sharpest knife in the drawer with this, but im not scared to start mixing and matching as long as i have good help. any help is greatly appreciated

Last edited by riptech7; 10-04-2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: wrong title
riptech7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
mwelch75
AF Newbie

Re: 93 D16Z6 swap into 91 CRX SI, Need help

You should be able to take the wiring harness and ecu from your si and install into you crx hf this will turn you car into a mpfi and get rid of most of the hastle of trying to figure out the wiring
mwelch75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #3
DownToGround
AF Regular

Re: 93 D16Z6 swap into 91 CRX SI, Need help

if its a z6 it should be running obd1, the hf is obd0. the best thing is to fix all the wiring issues first. convert it to obd1 with a obdo/obd1 conversion harness, and get the right ecu. it will make it worth driving..
DownToGround is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
civic , crx , d16z6 , swap
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > How-To's and Walk-Through's