Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 01:09 PM   #1
Nitrous
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrous
Thumbs up The lohdown on Fast and The Furious 2

I have some info on F&F2 from an article in "Import Tuner". First of all, Vin Diesel is gone. He asked for $20 million to do the sequel wich Universal thought was too expensive. Also the director Rob Cohen went with him. Paul Walker will be back as Officer O'Connor. He will be thrown off the LAPD in disgrace and exiled to Miami. It is ther that he's recruited back into law enforcement to once again go undercover go undercover in the street racing world, this time to stop some sort of drug. Ja Rule will also be back as Edwin Bishop and has added singer Tyrese as O'Connor's partner. They heared there will be another female cop aboard too. But of course the main interest is in the cars, and there all coming together at a shop caled Circlescan 4D in El Segundo, Calif. Operated by noted car builder Eddie Paul, the shop is rumored to be putting togther about 77 cars for the new film, including four Honda S2000's, fuve Acura NSXs, some Toyota MR2 Spyders, four orange Toyota Supras and six or seven red Mazda RX-7's like that seen in the original film, some Chevy Corvettes, a couple BMW 3-Series coupes and a few Opel Speedsters(mid-engine cars wich aren't sold in the U.S.). It is known that the producers approached a lot of manufacturers about featuring their products in the film. Honda turned them down outright, Ford expressed some interest, but that the company that is rumored to have signed up for the full sponsorship package is Mitsubishi. So, expect some Eclipses and Evo VIIs to feature prominently in the film and for Mitsubishi to support the opening of the film next summer with marketing support and probably a sweepstakes of some sort.(Oh yea, remember that orange Supra for part 1? The man who built it goes by the name of Craig Lieberman,((check out his website at moviecarz.com)). His latest car he built was a Skyline R34. Before I read this article in "Import Tuner" I read an article in "Super Street" on Craig Leiberman and his blue Skyline R34. Believe me when I say this car will make you wet ya pants, but i guess that just goes for Skylines in general. Anywayz, in the F&F2 article I seen Craig's Skyline in the background of one of the pics. So expect to see it in part 2. You should be able to find some more info on it at www.moviecarz.com.) Will this new movie be good? Who knows? But they're already talking about "The Fast & The Furious 3" over at Universal.
Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 11:49 PM   #2
aSiAnRiCk
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to aSiAnRiCk Send a message via AIM to aSiAnRiCk Send a message via Yahoo to aSiAnRiCk
The female cop is Eva Mendez, a model.

JaRule is NOT going to be in the Fast and the Furious 2. He was, then not, then yea, then not and now it stays that way lol

Four Honda S2000's will be in Pink.
Four orange Supra will be Gold.
The red RX7 will be in Orange.

Lata,

Rick
aSiAnRiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 10:48 AM   #3
Nitrous
AF Newbie

Thanks for the extra input. I just wish they wouldn't have gotten rid of Vin. I think he was a huge reason for the succes of the first one.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:23 PM   #4
YellowMaranello
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YellowMaranello
Quote:
Originally posted by aSiAnRiCk

Four orange Supra will be Gold.
The red RX7 will be in Orange.
Orange Supras will be gold? And red RX-7s will be orange? How odd...:finger:
YellowMaranello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 06:43 PM   #5
aSiAnRiCk
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to aSiAnRiCk Send a message via AIM to aSiAnRiCk Send a message via Yahoo to aSiAnRiCk
well, the RX 7's is in between red and orange. But right on the hood, if you stare right in front of the car, it says Orange Julius.

the Supras definitely is in gold. Or mix of gold and brown.

you can see it yourself from some of the spy pics

and Nitrous, I have to agree with you about Vin Diesel. I guess its cuz he was asking $20 million to do the sequel and Hollywood thought that was too much =/

Oh well, based on what I saw, I think part 2 no matter what will be better than the first one. Or at least, they'll have ALOT better looking cars
Old 11-05-2002, 11:25 PM   #6
Nitrous
AF Newbie

Earlier today I read another article that said they were filming F&F2 and 3 simultaneously. Maybe that explains why there are so many feature cars in those pics. I dunno. Im just lettin ya know what I heard. My expectations of part 2 are pretty high. Cant wait to see those Skylines in action.
Old 11-06-2002, 01:07 AM   #7
aSiAnRiCk
AF Newbie

now that's one news i havent heard

i'll try to ask my friend that is filming right now and see if that's true

but i really doubt bro cuz they're kinda behind on filming for part 2.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:11 PM   #8
ttrx7racer
AF Newbie

I wonder if there going to mess up the rotary engine like in the first one...
ttrx7racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 12:08 AM   #9
Go team
AF Newbie

i heard that brian will use a dodge Viper
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mitsibishi eclips.jpg (47.5 KB, 3386 views)
Go team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 09:51 AM   #10
kickazz
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to kickazz Send a message via Yahoo to kickazz
Paul Walker starts off in a Skyline and wrecks it; then he drives a Lancer EVO. Tyrese drives an Eclipse Spyder, copy of my car. Suki drives a pink s2000. All the bad guys drive muscle cars with Hemi's. The last day of filming should be the 19th of December. No, part 3 is not being filmed yet. Here's some photos from the set...I have hundreds, but here's a few.

http://community.webshots.com/user/kickazz3g

Rob :o)
kickazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 05:32 PM   #11
Go team
AF Newbie

Thumbs up

there pretty cool pictures kickazz...

SO what is this film about is it like the first film!!!!!!!! is there crime in it or is it all racing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skyline.jpg (64.8 KB, 3236 views)
Old 12-13-2002, 02:38 AM   #12
kickazz
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to kickazz Send a message via Yahoo to kickazz
It involves Paul Walker getting together with his old friend (Tyrese) and going under-cover in Miami to get his badge back from when he let Vin go in the last movie. Yes there's a crime...it's Miami It also involves another under-cover agent...but I don't want to ruin it. Look for me driving my car in the movie during the warehouse scene near the end. Tyrese will be driving a copy of my car through-out the movie. There should be a story in Newsweek next week about my car.
kickazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 08:22 PM   #13
Go team
AF Newbie

OK ill try and look for ya car and 1 more question ,ok i live in australia but do u know when it comes out
Old 12-14-2002, 12:52 AM   #14
VTECseoul
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VTECseoul
middle/end June 2003 in USA, just like the last 1 (June 26, 2001.)
Nitto 450 225/50
Prime Racing M8 17x7
S15 vs AE86 - 2006 HotWheels Touge
VTECseoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 05:44 PM   #15
SledgehammerVette
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to SledgehammerVette Send a message via Yahoo to SledgehammerVette
Uh, I don't know if I'll go see the second one. Wasn't impressed with the first. Looking at that Skyline is going to make me cry, why ruin such a great car.

I'm still waiting for a car to be in F&F where it's just a sleeper, looks stock but is packing tons of power under the hood. A Skyline would do that perfectly but they have to put all this crap on it.

Also I saw that Eclipse at the Knoxville Auto Show. It doesn't even pack a turbo as far as I noticed. And it has fake cross drilleds in the rear :buck

4DRSpeed.com Is Here!
SledgehammerVette is offline   Reply With Quote