Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 02:18 PM   #151
blindwhite
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to blindwhite
haha

Really, everyone is just funny-going off tangent and talking about the craziest things.
All of a sudden someone talks about history instead of automobiles.
HAHA!!
If you think about it, History is good when you learn it then and there and never think about it again. You MAKE a DIFFERENT future, and history is a repeating UPWARD spiral. So why say the past is important when we presume it is just going to happen again(the next level in the spiral)? You are not supposed to continue thinking about the past, just remember it, and the future should follow the forward line to what is better, but the up's and down's will obviously repeat again. The Future should never be the same as the past. Don't dwell on the past history.

We are off topic.......so what about those cars?
I think this thread is done.:licker:
Old 10-28-2002, 03:40 PM   #152
Big Pat
AF Newbie

FAF2 - return of the street monsters!

Well, I sure hope FAF2 is a better movie than FAF.

Computer generated drag races? Give me a break! How hard is it to film a drag race?

All you guys that have been at drage races know that it is not possible to exchange lead more than once - you get smoked or you smoke the other - unless some misshap happens (blown engine, missed gear, engine "hiccup").

That S2000 is a bit to pink for my taste, but I suppose there is a market for that. Not a big fan of Gold cars either.

And if I may add to the american iron/import efficiency debate, let me paraphrase what I heard from a guy on High Rev Tuners (Speed Channel): "Sure, those import tuned engines are very evolved and technical marvels. Sure, they push out more than 200hp/liter, but the fact is, they have 450hp , and I have 600..." Hard to fault that statement, innit?

BTW, I am a fan of hightech engine, but facts are facts...

Oh and finally, about that:

Quote:
yet, in every other racing venue in the world were horribly inefficient US cars compete head-to-head with others, WE ALWAYS WIN!!!
That is just plain wrong. Ask Don Panoz - his "big cubes" Ford powered LMP900 cars have had their ass handed to them for the third straight year by Audi in ALMS. And up til around 1995, there was a reserve in the Indy 500 rules to allow N/A 454 engine powered car to run - guess what? everybody stuck with their 2.65L turbo engines.

Winston Cup cars use the big iron engines not because they are better, but because they are not allowed to run anything else. They used to have OHC engines in WC - they were banned because it was an "unfair advantage".

During the 80s, Ford Europe ran Cosworth Sierras in Touringf car races - more than 500hp from a 2l Turbo 4 banger. And it ran in 24hrs long events too.

Really, they only place where I think the old style engines are still king of the roost is High end Drag racing.

my .02$ (OK, maybe.05$ )
Old 10-28-2002, 03:45 PM   #153
gemballa
AF Enthusiast

computer generated races????
that sucks!
Old 10-28-2002, 04:05 PM   #154
Big Pat
AF Newbie

CG races

Well, the first big race in FAF1 was computer generated...

And it sucked.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:00 PM   #155
blindwhite
AF Newbie

Computers are too much...

I guess some people in here never watched the special features section of the dvd for FaF, nor a special making off on television.
It sure did suck for all those lights to flash by like the cars were going light speed and beyond, and for nearly a minute too! That long and they weren't even that far away from where all the cars were parked in the street where they had started.
Last time I have seen races, a huge gardners truck(really!) did not even take 20 seconds to get to the end of 1320. That was funny because the man on the speakers presenting the race that day said, "Hey, I hope this guys boss knows where he is right now. I guess he had a strange urge to race his truck on lunch break."
Maybe we'll have an ending like the first movie except this time it's the pink car doing a back flip while racing a super-pinto, both nearly missing a run-away bread truck.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:40 AM   #156
Jamgal71
AF Newbie

I can confirm for dure 100% these are FAF2 cars. I was leaving MDCC like 7 PM at night two weeks ago and saw the cars - FAF2 has been filming in Miami all month. Bumped into Tyrese too, in front of Union Lounge on South Beach.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:02 AM   #157
JDM_Scooby
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to JDM_Scooby
I have to say these cars look way better than the cars from the last movie. But i don't understand what would cause somebody to take a car like an R34 Skyline and make it look like a rice burner. Racing stripes? APC? Blue plastic dash board? These are things you never do to a decent performance cars. And that green Lancer, yet another legend ruined by none other than bad taste. I won't even start about that pink S2000......
-Apex intake
-Power inds. pullies
-B&G lowering springs
-Cusco front lip
-Tinted headlights & turnsignals
-Alpine sound system
Old 10-30-2002, 02:56 PM   #158
gemballa
AF Enthusiast

because there are good cars it doesnt meens that is going to be a good movie/1
Old 10-30-2002, 03:20 PM   #159
QuickSilverEF9
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to QuickSilverEF9
Hey collin

Lol hey whats up collin..... Yeah I agree. I hate when ppl put stickers alll over there car. Half the time they don't even have products made by that company..... And + it just looks like shit.
-JVC KDSH707 Head Unit
ON THE WAY
-2xInfinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components
-12" Polk Momo sub
-JBL 600.1 amp
Future
-Brock B2 deep dish wheels
-Suspension.....
Old 10-30-2002, 03:29 PM   #160
gemballa
AF Enthusiast

ppl think that by putting stickers the cars looks more racing!
Old 10-30-2002, 04:20 PM   #161
Black_97'Z
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by thrasher
Well, to put it bluntly Devil, No, you are wrong. First off, A viper does not have a SOHC engine, it is OHV. This means that the engine block contains one overhead camshaft. SOHC means one camshaft per bank, which equals 2, and DOHC means 2 camshafts per bank, which equals 4. And yeah, 1 hp per ci might have cut it 20 years ago, but a decent engine makes much, much more than that. Let's look at a few examples.
1 Ferrari Enzo-366 CI=660HP 2 Aston Martin DB7-366 CI=414HP
3 Acura RSX-S-122 CI=200HP 4 Honda S2000-122 CI=240 HP
5 Nissan Max-213 CI=255HP 6 Acura TL-S-195 CI=260 HP
7 Porsche 911-219 CI=320HP 8 Toyota Celica GTS-109 CI=180HP
9 BMW M3-195 CI=333HP 10 Honda Accord EX-183 CI=240HP

You get the picture. And those aren't all even high performance vehicles, either. It is a commonly accepted fact that DOHC engines produce much more power than OHV, that is why more and more cars use them these days. American companies refuse to put them in some vehicles because it is much easier, not to mention cheaper to manufacture an engine that is much bigger with a lot less technology. I guarantee you that if a Viper engine (8.3 liter) was DOCH and was tuned to match European/Japanes specs, it could easily produce 800 hp.
I'm just saying that you have to look at reality here. Granted, a Viper has a lot of torque, but like I said, were it DOHC, it would have a whole h*ell of a lot more.
:bandit:
Your an idot, you have absolutely no idea what it take to build an engine of any kind. Only ricers argue that HP per Liter is a valid way of judgeing a cars performance or worth. Taking a pushrod V8 and converting it to DOHC will make you NO more HP. You make power in the heads, the more air they flow, the higher velosity of air, the more efficient they are, the more power the engine makes. And HP per Liter still means NOTHING. HP to weight and RWHP are what count.

"I'm just saying that you have to look at reality here"

Black 1997 Z28 Convertible
Pic's Video
Old 10-30-2002, 04:28 PM   #162
blindwhite
AF Newbie

Thumbs down heh hehhh!

I've never seen such stubborn foolishness.

How about "the fast and the sleepers". Wouldn't that show them sticker crazed people?
Old 10-31-2002, 10:53 AM   #163
destrux
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to destrux
Who cares about the whole import vs american thing... you people need to realise that all of your cars are the same... they're all CARS. (or trucks.. but still... THE SAME). I mean, get over it. You all are into the same hobby, some like show, some like go, some like big displacement, some small.... but the point is, no matter what you like.... IT'S STILL A CAR. Can't we all just shut our egotistical mouths and get along? that's a dumb question...

and btw... vipers are great if you can afford one, but I've seen dsm's with under $25k into them (still street legal, and that price includes the car) absolutely stomp a viper at the drag strip and at an autocross. They weren't turbo vipers or anything... but they weren't stock. The dsms had about 500-550whp. The vipers were around 600. They cost..what... $80,000?

but anyway

The cars are way better looking than the last movie. I do think it sucks how they left the vipers simple and clean looking but riced out the skylines. I really would have like to see a nice clean cobalt blue skyline race one of those vipers.

Oh yeah, and APC is really generic. Everyone and they're brother has APC junk all over they're cars anymore. Then again... maybe it's better the movie uses the generic brands, it keeps the "cool" stuff from being too common.
Old 10-31-2002, 10:25 PM   #164
Murco
Maximum Car Guy

Send a message via Yahoo to Murco
Quote:
Originally posted by destrux
btw... vipers are great if you can afford one, but I've seen dsm's with under $25k into them (still street legal, and that price includes the car) absolutely stomp a viper at the drag strip and at an autocross. They weren't turbo vipers or anything... but they weren't stock.
What's a DSM??
The best Hennessy Viper at the last Track-Day at Road Atlanta was 2 seconds behind my Camaro which puts down about 520 hp at the wheels.

Your point is well made, though. The one thing that does bring us all to the table is a love of cars. Maybe we (and me too) should keep that in mind...

Just don't rev that Civic next to me at a light! :finger:
Old 11-01-2002, 12:29 PM   #165
aSiAnRiCk
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to aSiAnRiCk Send a message via AIM to aSiAnRiCk Send a message via Yahoo to aSiAnRiCk
Hey what's going on guys

My name is Rick and I'm new on this board.

Actually, I joined just so I can give some insiders on this thread (though this forum looks cool so I might here to stay )

ME and MY CAR was there at the F&F2 filming. I'm talking about the same exact set as the one you see in these pictures so of course, I know exactly what were there and WHY they were chosen, etc.

Anyway ....

That blue/silver Eclipse IS THE SAME ONE as the one you see at NOPI.
Fly Rice Racer, you were correct. Yes, he had a new paint job done for the movie. I met the owner at Hot Import Nights in Orlando, FL couple of weeks ago.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/img/faf2/12.jpg &
http://files.automotiveforums.com/up...094NOPI017.jpg

The reason why they have couple of the same exact cars in the movie is because just in case one messed up, they have another one to replace.
For example, they were filming Paul Walker "racing" in the Skyline, with a camera mounted on the side of the car. Well, he lost control and hit a curb with the Skyline. He messed up the back right tire. So tow truck came, towed that Skyline and here comes another one that they got so we move on. By the way, when we heard the crash, everyone was like "Oh No, not the Skyline!" instead of worrying more of Paul Walker lol

The colors you see on the cars in those pictures are the colors that will be in the movie.

The Pink S2000 will be driven by Devon Aoki. Her name in the movie is Suki. This S2000 going to crash during the street racing against the gray Skyline, orange RX7 and gold Supra. Its because when they film Devon came back after the race, she's driving the S2000 without the front bumper =/

They had a CASTING CALL down in Homestead, FL to choose cars to be used as extras for the movie. Out of the 500+ cars that were there, they only chose about 100 something cars. They look at many different aspects. Graphics, neons and strobes, colors, and more. So I think the reason why they chose that black Camaro (that's not Z28) was because of the graphics. She also has underbody neon.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...52870536WbNfSf
I was picked out because of my white interior, white rims, police strobe and underbody neon.

Oh yeah, I'm sure some of you have interest in how much the extras will be making lol. I'm getting paid $125/day to have me and my car in the movie. Its pretty good considering my car just parked there and look pretty lol and I do couple of stuff but when I'm tired, I just go inside my car and sleep for 3 or 4 hrs lol. The filming was for 6 days (Sat, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri) but I only stayed for 5 cuz I had to go to Orlando for HIN. I heard there were alot of the cars missing at the last day of the filming lol

All the stickers you see on the cars, those are the companies supporting the movie. If you are found to have decals or logos that are not one of their supporting companies, you cant be on the set during filming. I was chillin next to my car and these wardrobe guys walked around and checking everyones outfit. This guy was wearing a hat that's made by the company that doesnt support the movie, they told him to take it off. Keep in mind, there is no logos whatsoever on this hat =/ . These guys walking around and checking out the label on the back of everyone shirts making sure everyone wearing the "right" stuff lol

The filming takes place both in Miami, Florida and in Cali. I was told that supposedly Paul Walker got fired off his police work in Cali and got sent down to Miami to bust up the drug dealings that's going on in street racings. He's given a partner, another young cop, which will be Tyrese. And some kid told me that Eva Mendez is going to be another one of his partner too. (She's hot by the way lol)

Where is this F&F2 opening night you guys been talking about? When the movie first come out, my upholstery place already talking to some big movie theater in the area about having our cars parked in the front by the entrance and there will be models, etc. Having a lil car show I guess .. There are about 5 cars that were chosen as extras for the movie that got their interior work done at this shop.

I know some of you guys think F&F1 was whack. Honestly, I think they do have somewhat cheesy plot and lines. Heck, I think that "Street close, find another way home pizza boy", "Damn street racers" ... was super cheesy but heck, it comes out of the director himself. That pizza boy was the director of the movie! =/
But lets face it, I dont remember any other movies that are made about the street racers. This prolly the closest one yet. It helps the Import scene abudantly but these newbies with little to no knowledge the one that ruins it for everyone else. They think aluminum wing is a must for every car, mad graphics & decals will add at least 10hp to your engine, peeling out at the car hang out thinking they're cool yet ruined it for everyone. Did you guys ever notice that 99% of the time, the cars that does burnouts at the car hang out usually are the ugliest ones there?!!

I hope you guys wont flame me for my comments. I like to have a good start on this message board cuz like I said, I'll be here more often (I'm active in about 4 message boards already lol)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or email me.