Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
GhostRyder Concept
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to GhostRyder Concept
2005 RSX Type-S

Okay so I just went to the Philadelphia Auto Show this past week and determined that the new RSX will be the car to buy for me following my stay in Great Lakes Illinois. The only other car that caught my eye was the Chrysler Crossfire which is prolly out of my price range. The Audi TT got rid of its 1.8 turbo and replaced it with a stock V-6 (crap). The Civic hatch has the center mounted stick I dont think I could deal with that. So my question is how long do I have to wait for companies to start making mods for the 05 and if they already do weres a good site I could go to start purchasing these parts. Oh yeah when I go to sites and find RSX mods it only says 02- 04 now if I buy parts for the 04 will it fit properly on a 05 Im a Accord and Del Sol owner so I dont know jack about the RSX yet.

95 Honda Del Sol
94 Honda Accord
84 Dodge Aries
I ghost on the next lane and sometimes the cops
GhostRyder Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #2
sivic02
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2005 RSX Type-S

Some parts should work. Dont take this for gold, but I think exhaust parts should fit, the k engines are the same size so it should mount in the same place. I think the 05 has a different IM so you might need to look for another intake. The internals for the 05 engine should work as most all k20 internals will fit eachother. There were some suspension changes so I would wait on those parts. It all depends on what your looking for, list some parts and we can probably give you a general idea of if they will fit. www.robearracing.com and www.showstoppersusa.com have some decent prices on some good parts and both places are fast and have good customer service. Dont ever order from nopi, they are the devil.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:53 PM   #3
GhostRyder Concept
AF Newbie

This is giong to be my go-to-work car/ show car. Once Im stationed to Flordia Im dropping the F22a in the Del Sol so that will be my race car. I have never entered a car in a show for looks it was always at the track racing. So I dont know what judges particulary look for. Im guessing a pretty engine ( Intake, Sway Bar, new fluid holders, maybe titanium headers) Carbon Fiber Hood and Trunk lowering springs Tint Some good looking rims, I HATE wings with a passion specially on front wheel drive cars. Can I get some input on what else I should add?? The Interior will sell itself with leather seats but I had a question the way the radio layout is is there any way a diffrent head unit or even T.V. unit can be installed into the dashboard I have looked and younger models all look like they have the same raio layout. Thanks for your help..

95 Honda Del Sol
94 Honda Accord
84 Dodge Aries
Old 02-14-2005, 10:05 PM   #4
sivic02
AF Enthusiast

All of the "stuff" for the engine compartment should fit except for the intake. I even think the CF hood and trunk will fit, I dont think they changed anything about that part of the body. For the radio, thats where the extra points in show come in. Why not get a silver piece the same color as the other silver parts of the interior and make a plate out of that to fit a slide out dvd player? Also I have seen some rsx's with gauges in place of the air conditioner controls, looks really damn sweet. Another thing you could do if you make a plate for the cd player, is have a little door that you can open that will have your switches for power accesories (lights, amps, radar detector etc)
Im a performance guy so sorry if none of this appeals to you im just tryin to spit out ideas.

Check out www.k-series.com its more performance oriented but they are some good knowledgable guys over there that can help you out with your questions, they have a technical section that goes through a few installs to help you out when you first get your rsx. If you need any input for performance parts though let me know and good luck with the show scene, they are more vicious than the race scene lol
Old 02-16-2005, 06:26 PM   #5
GhostRyder Concept
AF Newbie

Thanx a whole bunch I found some really useful stuff on club RSX that I will just steal from them cant wait to finish up boot camp and get my car. Oh yeah Ill be stationed in Pensacola Flordia for the entire summer.....I heard street racing is legal in Flordia from a freind like the cops will shut down the streets and let people race this is coming from a kid that used to live in Miami which is a 4 hour trip

95 Honda Del Sol
94 Honda Accord
84 Dodge Aries

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX