Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 10:57 PM   #1
bnohifi
AF Newbie

HID without Starter?

Hello there,
While i was surfing ebay for some HID systems. I found that there's some HID system comes without a "Starter". The seller says it is the 2nd generation HID system. So I wonder is there any different between the 1st and 2nd generations?
bnohifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 12:10 AM   #2
SATURN_N_CAMARO
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to SATURN_N_CAMARO
good one... as far as this good ole boy knows all REAL HID needs a ballest (starter) if its cheap its probably to good to be true and is just some halo with HID gas or tinted halo's.....but im interested in you ???? to and what everyone else thinks
SATURN_N_CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 02:15 AM   #3
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
As far as I know, the ballist is an intergal part of the HID system. I am no expert, but sayig it's an HID with no ballist/ingnitor, etc, doesn't sound right. I would be weary of a product that claims to be an HID system without a ballist, I sounds like a hoax. Again, don't qoute me, but thats my adivice. I'd stick with a reputable company that supplies to a lot of OEM's for HID's, a company like CATZ.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote