Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 11:55 PM   #46
el_loco_civic
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to el_loco_civic
Quote:
Originally posted by Deadboy
Lol looks like the foam bumper ...the on one the last pix is strong. Just for laughts i drow my car with it on and damn i made it up to 110km/h and it didnt fall of .....ou and i may have new pics up by the end of next week ....and im gone go visit a boat building place...Why?..the make boats out of fiberglass there..and thanks to my dad i may get the fiberglass for free(or cheaper) and if lucky the glue to. And gone ask some help about the mix“es of glue to use and stuff like that.
Sounds good man ! i cant wait for you to finish this. It sounds and looks by yer pix and description of it not fallin off that its gonna go well ! post yer pix and progress when u can man. Goodluck w/fiberglass'in it !
el_loco_civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 06:06 AM   #47
xavierfg
AF Newbie

hmm, i wonder if its possible to make matching headlights to go along with my kit.

I was thiking of either using plexiglas to mold new headlights out of (it's pretty easy, jus heat the plexi in the oven for a few minutes and it turns all rubbery).

or getting a seet of clear bumper lenses and swaping the bulb holders to fit 9006 and 9004 hi low beam bulbs, then molding the lenses into the kit and removing the old ones.

OR using some hid foglights as headlights, molding them in, and removing the old ones.

It seems as if the toughest part for my design rite now is finding existing headlights that match. I was just thinking original ones would be cool.

Does anyone know if this is DOT legal?
xavierfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 01:36 PM   #48
ExemptX2000
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ExemptX2000
Hmm I doubt its legal the way you were describing... Besides like u said a few min and plexi glass turns rubbery, a headlight puts out alot of heat, it would prolly melt the plexi glass... I would get a set of real headlights and mold them on... Thats legal... People do headlight/tail light conversions all the time...
ExemptX2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 06:15 PM   #49
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

what if something hit the bodykit, foam tends to like blow up..?
Old 06-05-2003, 08:48 PM   #50
el_loco_civic
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by hennessyvenom
dont hit nuthin :o But that idea bout makin yer own headlights seems like it wouldnt be street legal.. dunno, but i think exemptx iz right, i'd do a swap from whatever headlights you like and mold em' in. Im doing that w/my civic 91 , got some honda accord projectorz and honda prelude tail light altezza's. Prolly alot easier than makin yer own, then makin em' DOT legal.. bla bla
Old 06-05-2003, 09:54 PM   #51
Deadboy
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Deadboy
Quote:
LOL.....yes but it wount if u cover it with fiberglass
Deadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 10:01 PM   #52
ExemptX2000
AF Newbie

Quote:
U have the possibility with any kit u buy, I see them all over with cracks in them, even the polyurethane ones will crack with enough force, but compare $250 as aforementioned for a DIY kit to the $500+ for a fibreglass kit or $750+ for a ployurethane one... Id rather just take the chance with the DIY kit, besides I dont think hes gonna leave the foam in there... Are u Deadboy? Even if he does the fiberglass would protect it some...
Old 06-05-2003, 10:07 PM   #53
Deadboy
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by ExemptX2000

U have the possibility with any kit u buy, I see them all over with cracks in them, even the polyurethane ones will crack with enough force, but compare $250 as aforementioned for a DIY kit to the $500+ for a fibreglass kit or $750+ for a ployurethane one... Id rather just take the chance with the DIY kit, besides I dont think hes gonna leave the foam in there... Are u Deadboy? Even if he does the fiberglass would protect it some...
nop...the only place where the foam will stay in is the spoiler...its kind of hard to get it out of there when i cover it.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:09 PM   #54
ExemptX2000
AF Newbie

Yea the spoiler should be solid anyways so that will work out great... How heavy do u think the parts with be with the fibreglass? I would assume they would be lighter than the stock bumpers... But its only a guess...
Old 06-05-2003, 10:15 PM   #55
Deadboy
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by ExemptX2000
Yea the spoiler should be solid anyways so that will work out great... How heavy do u think the parts with be with the fibreglass? I would assume they would be lighter than the stock bumpers... But its only a guess...
Its lighter with the foam to...but yes it might be lighter...or juts a littel bit heavier or just the same as a stock bumper. Only time will tell
Old 06-05-2003, 10:19 PM   #56
chris26969
AF Enthusiast

foam blows up ? Didnt old Nissans use Foam in their bumpers?.?
-MBC
-Upper Intercooler piping 1g Flange
-Turbo Intake
-BOV
-2 inch Drop
-Red/Orange paint job
-17" rims
-Indigo Gauges
chris26969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 10:21 PM   #57
ExemptX2000
AF Newbie

I dunno but I bet that bytch would float if u drove it into some water with foam bumpers...
Old 06-05-2003, 10:26 PM   #58
Deadboy
AF Regular

Well id think there is something good in them then.....if ud drive in to a river or smthing.....u may lose ur car ...but ud get ur spoiler back and maybe other things that float
Old 06-08-2003, 08:54 AM   #59
el_loco_civic
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Deadboy
Well id think there is something good in them then.....if ud drive in to a river or smthing.....u may lose ur car ...but ud get ur spoiler back and maybe other things that float
lol - thats true. But ima start pretty soon on my rear bumper. Im going for the GT Bomber look. Im gonna use my stock bumper, and get Auto Repair Mesh, make the shape i want, fiberglass it up ! and then when its dried and done, mold it to my car ( fiberglass it to the stock bumper.) Think it should turn out ok ! Cant wait, just need to buy the mesh and fiberglass
Old 06-22-2003, 11:54 AM   #60
Deadboy
AF Regular

Sry for not posting ....but i was in an accident with my friends street bike....made a 70 degree turn and slided under a truck...am still alive but im out for 2 weeks now its olny 1 week..but ya ..it sucks....just when i was starting to finish my DIY body kit to. Have to stay home ..damn.....well at least it wasnt worse..and i have a whoul week to think new thing to do wit my HB...

PS fot the street bike guys.....dont make a 70 degree turn if u dont see whats at the end of the turn doing 80km/h