Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 02:17 PM   #16
easternxtreme
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to easternxtreme
Yes, that is correct. But there are corrupt cops out there that are just pricks. I got a ticket for one of those and they are dot approved.
You'll win if you fight the ticket.

while we're talkin about pricks, cop gave two of our club mems tickets for lights in windshield washer spouts, also said that lo-glo was illegal too. damn cops
aem cold air
dc sport 4-2-1
apexi ws catback
17" alt sevens
+more
smooooth4door:smoker2:
easternxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 02:17 PM   #17
Rein
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Rein
Hehe. I installed my clear taillights on my 92 civic hatchback a few days ago, and lemme tell you it was a major bitch! Had to dismantal some of the trunk to get to 2 fucking screws. Another bitch was making them street legal, bulb-wise. Had to find the brightest red bulbs possible just so they would look normal through the clear tails. I was thinking of replacing them all when I realized that 4 of the bulbs are pointless anyways. It's all good now, and it's unique as hell. I can honestly say I've never seen another civic on the road with these.
Rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 06:25 PM   #18
Gusto222
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Gusto222 Send a message via Yahoo to Gusto222
Re: altezza install

Quote:
Originally posted by CivR
Does anyone here have a 98 civic hatch with Altezzas? If so was installation easy? Ive only talked to someone with a 92 prelude and he said it was easy, but i was wondering if it's similar with the hatch.
ps- does anyone kno a site that sells altezzas cheap? thanks
Okay- i have a 96 HB.... w/ lets see 3 sets of tail lights & i just got clears so that would be 4 sets of tails...

1st time changing lites was a pain-- i did it myself w/ out any help from tha net - books- anything.. took me like 2hrs to do-- but tha 2nd set i did in like hrmm 1hr.. & all i did was do it through tha panels in tha back taht allow u to change tha bulbs... -- its kinda easy...

Just take off tha plastic allong tha bottom edge- wehre tha latch part of tha hatch is.. then remove tha rear covers for tha lite acess panel - & i removed my 6x9 covers & tha screw in tha back... since in our cars -- tha plastic is all one piece from tha back edge of hta door-- all tha way to tha plastic in tha Hatch area....
Anyway there are 4 bolts.. get a racheting screw driver-- or a ratchet set-- take off tha 4 bolts from tha back of tha screw-- slide out your tails-- & do everything in reavers to install it all again...

Like i said i did my 2nd set by just removing tha acces panel & taking tha bolts off & removing tha tails.. so whateva way u wanna try it-- If u need any other help-- hit me up w/ a mail or soemthng...

~~~~~~~
Peace
~~~~~~
'96 civHB:shaved:19" rims:3000w stereo -- SOLD

'97 Tacoma:2wd:lifted -- SOLD

'00 Dakota.QC:lifted:33"tires ---SOLD

'06 Mazda3.GT:Eibach:mazdaspeed I/E
Gusto222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 12:41 AM   #19
almondeyez1
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to almondeyez1 Send a message via AIM to almondeyez1
Quote:
Originally posted by easternxtreme
Yes, that is correct. But there are corrupt cops out there that are just pricks. I got a ticket for one of those and they are dot approved.
You'll win if you fight the ticket.

while we're talkin about pricks, cop gave two of our club mems tickets for lights in windshield washer spouts, also said that lo-glo was illegal too. damn cops
that's what my tax dollars is paying them for??? eating donuts, chilling on the side of the road watching cars go by?? Well I for one am going to find out what is legal and what isn't before I make any alterations...get the mess in writing u know?

:silly2:
almondeyez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 01:44 AM   #20
EliteAccordPH
AF Fanatic

Most altezzas are illegal especially the older generation ones. For altezzas to be legal there must be a red reflector facing back and also ones on the side. Most altezzas has the one facing back but none on the side. Also the amount of light visible must pass a Photometric test before getting a true DOT stamp.

I have the S type made by TYC that is true DOT/SAE complaint. I have a credit card sized plastic card stating that my tails are 100% complaint and legal.

Read more about it here.
http://fmvss108.tripod.com/taillamps_altezza.htm

and here
http://fmvss108.tripod.com/

EliteAccordPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 01:47 AM   #21
CivR
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to CivR
heh, anyone kno a site where you can print out a piece of paper that says your taillights are legal? i kno mine prolly wunt be...
Old 02-19-2002, 01:56 AM   #22
EliteAccordPH
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by CivR
heh, anyone kno a site where you can print out a piece of paper that says your taillights are legal? i kno mine prolly wunt be...
Post a picture of your tails and I can tell you if they are legal. When it comes to tails I'm an expert cause I've been pulled over twice and got a ticket which was dropped and got pulled over again but was let go. And I've researched about tail lights so I know.
Old 04-01-2002, 05:27 AM   #23
Phat804lude
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Phat804lude
The post that said they were legal is not entirely true. I have a 5th gen prelude just like the guy that said they were legal. Although I don't have the carbon-fiber housing, I had the supra style like he did. They are not legal. There is a number molded at the bottom of the lense that starts with SAE***** and/or DOT******. If this number is there, then they are legal. Most of them for civics and integras are legal, but for preludes, legal altezza's just came out. There must be a reflector on the side for them to be legal which allows the light to go through to the side of the housing. MAKE SURE IT HAS THE NUMBER. If you do that then you'll be ok.
Phat804lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 02:25 AM   #24
almondeyez1
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to almondeyez1 Send a message via AIM to almondeyez1
:flash: thanks u all for the inputs... I will definitely be on the look out before I get any installed!!!
You all are just too cool!! llol

Attached Images
File Type: gif wink2.gif (10.5 KB, 57 views)
almondeyez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 12:00 AM   #25
MrRoLo
AF Newbie

I was reading the state laws for texas and look what i found...
(d) A turn signal lamp shall emit:

(1) a white or amber light, or a color between white and amber, if the lamp is mounted on the front of the vehicle; or

(2) a red or amber light, or a color between red and amber, if the lamp is mounted on the rear of the vehicle.

So that means, clear signals in your headlight are legal? Since the bulb can be white?? But clear signals in the back are illegal...
MrRoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 12:29 AM   #26
rendog24
AF Enthusiast

can you tell me if these c/b lights are legal on a 00 civic?

sorry dont know how to post pics.

http://store2.yimg.com/I/streetbeatc..._1676_92094775
rendog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 01:26 AM   #27
Phat804lude
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Phat804lude
Hey man, not sure if they're legal or not. Get in touch with the people that are selling these and ask them if they have the DOT number on them. If not then they're not 50 state legal. Hope this helps out.

-the lude guy