Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #31
bshaw75
AF Newbie

Re: codes P0171, P0174 Lincoln LS V6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwells
I got the engine check light a month or so and thought it was a case of bad gas but unsure now. It starting to stall at idle. Just stops with no warning. running like a kitten to off. Thanks.

Geoffrey Wells
2001 LS V6
I have a question about the Codes P0171 & 74. There is a TSB on this lincoln. Can I take the car straight to a dealer to fix the problem? The TSB # is 01205 posted October 2001 regarding the 2001 Lincoln LS V6.
bshaw75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #32
daveLS
AF Newbie

TSB are not usually recalls, just bulletins, and the dealer won't fix the problem for free. If you're up to it the repair is possible by a do-it-yourselfer if you have some mechanical skills. The total repair took me about 10 hours with the proper instructions.
daveLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #33
shorod
SHO No Mo

Exactly what daveLS suggested, if your car is out of warranty, expect to pay full labor and parts markup to have the dealer perform service outlined in a Technical Service Bulletin. However, it shouldn't take the dealer as long to troubleshoot the owner's concerns with the existing TSB.

It sounds like the TSB you reference only helps the technician search for vacuum leaks, but is not specific to your LS or any other Ford product.

Also, I've deleted the new thread you created with this same request.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #34
javonte
AF Newbie

Question Re: codes P0171, P0174 Lincoln LS V6"

I just bought my 2000 lincoln ls v6 (89k) less than 2 months and 2k ago and the check engine light came on 2weeks ago. The codes came back p0174 & p0171. After reading this forum I believe some if not all of these problems exist. Rod can you please send me the pictures/diagram you have detailing how to fix? Best brand parts and reliable internet source to purchase from?
javonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #35
shorod
SHO No Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by javonte View Post
Rod can you please send me the pictures/diagram you have detailing how to fix?
Sure, but you first need to provide me (via a private message) with an e-mail address for you that can accept PDF attachments.

-Rod
Old 04-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #36
Big Silas
AF Newbie

I'm having the same issue with Mine = 2001 Lincoln LSV6

Hey Guys, I've had my LS for like 4 years now and it was great up until two months ago. I was accelerating onto the highway and BAM my engine just seemed to stop accelerating and jerked hard and then it was like my transmission slipped into nuetral. I had to let off of the gas let the rpm's go down and try again. It really felt like a Transmission problem but I got the codes run and it was a Cylinder 5 misfire. Well I changed the coil pack and plug and then just recently it has been doing it again and I reran the codes and it is a Cylinder 2 Misfire. Well Just paid $300 to get all new plugs put in and a new coil for Cylinder 2. I hope getting the new plugs will fix it. With my luck who knows. Anyone familiar with this syptom?
Big Silas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #37
shorod
SHO No Mo

Welcome to the forum!

Familiar with your symptoms!?! Try searching the forum for the keyword "misfire." You'll probably max out the hits with 100. This is a very common issue with the 2000 through some of 2002 model years with a well-understood cause and correction.

In the future, please try searching the forum prior to posting. If everyone did that, you wouldn't need to look through 100 threads/posts to find your information.

-Rod
Old 04-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #38
wilson21
AF Newbie

I have a 2000 lincoln ls v6 (95k), and am having problems with it. I took it in to autozone and had them check the engine. Codes P0171 and P0174 came back. Where exactly is the PCV elbow located? Can anyone send me some pics?
wilson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #39
magooo
AF Newbie

Hi, I had the same codes po171-po174 ,high nox readings ,flucuating idle. It was the vacuum line going to the pcv (the dreaded elbo) .If you pull the vacuum line off the right front of engine and cover the metel line ,the engine should smooth out,also if you blow into the line and you hear air that would confirm it.but instead of removing the top end wasting 8-10 hrs and 200.00 in parts we took off the bracket that joins the rubber vacuum to metal then moved a few wires to the side on the back left side of engine.Then using a mirror to see ,reached down along the left side of engine and pulled the elbo off it is really hard as it is sweated on I think (if the rubber breaks off use a small sharp carving knife to remove the last of it I just cut it by pushing knife to front of the engine ). Then take the two inch straight piece of rubber off the metal bracket that you removed ..put it on the remaining long metal and rubber vacuum line(make sure you clamp it ,I just used a plastic tie),Then re route vacuum line along right side of engine and hook it back up(you don't need the bracket ).I think that rubber piece should last longer as the oil that may get in the line will not pool like the elbo does,you just have to fiddle around with the line to make it fit and look good.It took us about one hour to do this and no parts.It is tough to get in there but with a mirror and perseverance you save a lot of time and money.Hope this helps all of you lucky ls owners,If you have any questions ,give me a call, Blair
magooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:10 AM   #40
4Jenna
AF Newbie

I am another LS owner with these same codes/issues.

Rod PM sent.

I hope this cures my issues.

-Chris
4Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:46 AM   #41
shorod
SHO No Mo

Thank you for searching the forum rather than starting a new thread for this common issue!

You should have new e-mail.

-Rod
Old 07-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #42
4Jenna
AF Newbie

Recieved your email, thank you very much for the help. I know what i'll be doing in the next few days

-Chris
Old 07-21-2009, 11:09 PM   #43
CCRichie
AF Newbie

We have a 2000 Lincoln LS V6 with the same trouble. Since Rod has been so helpful to everyone else we are hoping to jump on the bandwagon.

I have taken apart entire top end, have it all exposed and do not see rubber elbow on my car. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Any chance you still have those pictures or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!
CCRichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:25 AM   #44
shorod
SHO No Mo

Yep, and welcome to the forum!

Like I mentioned a few times above, you'll need to provide me via Private Message with an e-mail address to send the files to.

-Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRichie View Post
We have a 2000 Lincoln LS V6 with the same trouble. Since Rod has been so helpful to everyone else we are hoping to jump on the bandwagon.

I have taken apart entire top end, have it all exposed and do not see rubber elbow on my car. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Any chance you still have those pictures or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #45
4Jenna
AF Newbie

Rod is the man, I'll have an update this weekend on mine.

Rod

Thanks again for the help.

-Chris

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ