Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 02:28 AM   #16
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Re: MTX Jackhammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD
I've seen the audiobahn one at a shop here, he suspends it from a crane looking thing that you use to pull motors out of a car
Hahaha, that's a new use for a cherry picker.

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:00 PM   #17
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ngsm13

It's somethin for noobs to google over

NG
ngsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:29 PM   #18
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77
Re: Re: MTX Jackhammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFryman
sorta like eDuh's uperwoofer thing that will never work???

MTX=garbadge...id like to se this 160's from that hung of steaming shit...its a waste of metal, strictly looking at it it would take a HUGE enclsorue to get anytype of desired performance...its like trying to stuff an 18 into 4cuft ported...you;s be better off wit ha single 15.... this is stuffing 22" into 10cuft or w/e...you'd be better off with an 18...and audiobahns 36 is just gay...
stfu noob and quit trying to act like josh laine's faggot ass sayin eduh. and I'm sure a 160 is possible from this beast in a well built wall. and MTX is definately not garbage 9500's are loud as hell and 1501d's are some of the most rock solid amps I've played with. And no they don't need huge enclosures...... what's that 5" LINEAR xmax...... well shit this beast has more displacement then 2 of your AV 18's.
2 Ascendant Audio Avalanche 18's
13 cuft NET ported box tuned to 27hz
Autotek Mean Machine MX3000.1
Ascendant Audio Arco component set
Orion 275SX (Mids)
PPI Art Series A200 (tweets)
Poly Mids for rear fill to come soon.
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 02:16 AM   #19
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Re: Re: Re: MTX Jackhammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpinstang77
stfu noob and quit trying to act like josh laine's faggot ass sayin eduh. and I'm sure a 160 is possible from this beast in a well built wall. and MTX is definately not garbage 9500's are loud as hell and 1501d's are some of the most rock solid amps I've played with. And no they don't need huge enclosures...... what's that 5" LINEAR xmax...... well shit this beast has more displacement then 2 of your AV 18's.
Oh, I am sure that and the Audiobahn one will hit perfectly loud in the right situation. I wasn't impressed they only had a sub-sonic test tone playing through it though. Besides, I suppose I was less impressed since he said 160's and I saw those guys from Canada hit a 167.3 with those 4 Phoenix Gold Titanium Comp subs. I guess I expected to here a number louder than what they hit, considering the shear size of the thing (and it WAS every bit as big as it sounds). I am sure it would be very loud with actual sound coming through it. After all, MTX isn't an SQ brand with subs...they are all about SPL. That's what this thing is, it's clearly an SPL sub. It's an SPL sub built by an SPL brand. You are right, if SPL alone is your thing, those thunder 9500's slam!!! I am sure this thing could of hit HARD with ease if they wanted...which clearly wasn't their goal there or they would have played something we could hear.

As I said though, I suppose I just expected to hear it could output more than they said. If I had talked to them BEFORE I saw those guys hit 167.3, I might not be quiet as unimpressed with it...that and I REALLY wanted to here the guy play a tone through it...but alas....they only played subsonic test tones. Had some big ass excrusion though, I can tell you that. I should have taken some pictures of it and posted em in here.

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 05:43 PM   #20
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman
Re: Re: Re: MTX Jackhammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpinstang77
you know what i just realized? you are an alter ego'd, small in the pants, gotta try and make up for it, dumbass who may know a thing or two about something and blows it way out of the water. If you had any idea what it takes to hit 160 on termlab or what type of enclosure it would take to bring this "jackhammer" to its full potential you would have never posted this.
The reference to MTX as garbage was strictly due to the facts that they are 100% bassed over SPL and that they push this 22" driver like its an audio god or soemthing, as already stated, they dont even play realy sounds to show it off...they play a subsonic tone. wow that is amazing, if you talk to the representatives (at least to the ones i have talked to) who have ran the Jackhammer's exibits they havent even heard it except for in SPL set ups, and they would not tell me what it had hit.
Making a 36" car stereo (even home) woofer is like wanting to drop a 14 litre Inline 6 semi diesel with a leaky gasket into a tahoe...it makes no sence. and then to ask $3600 for the hung of chrome garbage...and you want to defend it?
i use Eduh because i think its a pretty funny saying and IMO the Nine.1 is the only thing worth buying form eD...on top of being banned from ICSXsounds.com or w/e it is for absoluely no reason by ben and his cronies, or im sorry its beause i stated that i like RE's product, and beaing treated like shit on the phone.

and you want to come lash out at me?
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 09:16 PM   #21
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman

oh and BTW...congratulations...we want to play displacement games...if it had the displacement of 4 of Ava18's it would only be 6dB louder theoretically...

lets say this 22" driver has 24l of displacement...that is 6 times what one Ava18 can displace...but in theory it can only get 7dB louder...since we are playing displacement games. but it would also require an enclosre 6 times as large...so lets say my Ava18 can do 143 on term lab...so this 22" can do 150 on term lab... but it would require an enclosure 6 times as large...since we are playing the displacement game.

want to play with a 36cuft enclosire? and then try to tune it with 6 times as much port area... 462sqin...ill let you crunch the numbers...
see if you can fit that in anything but a used uhaul truck...
maybe you can play Puff daddy and drive a diet pepsi truck...since we are playing the displacement game...

undoubtedly it can get quite loud... but my ava 18 is a true sub woofer... wont touch over 60-70Hz...what is this now? an infrasubwoofer? i doubt you could get it near 5" P2P in anything but infrasonic and near infrasonic tones... the coil needed to give it its massive power handleing to get it moving probably has humongo inductance....so let that frequincy get veyr high and see how quickly your impedance shoots though the sky...and good luck getting near power needed to get it moving nice with a 8ohm+ impeadance...
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 03:52 PM   #22
UndercoverPunk
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to UndercoverPunk

It's A Fucking Marketing Gimmick, That As Far As I Can See Is The Best Executed 20+ Inch Sub So Far.

Drop It!
UndercoverPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:32 PM   #23
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77
Re: Re: Re: Re: MTX Jackhammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFryman
you know what i just realized? you are an alter ego'd, small in the pants, gotta try and make up for it, dumbass who may know a thing or two about something and blows it way out of the water. If you had any idea what it takes to hit 160 on termlab or what type of enclosure it would take to bring this "jackhammer" to its full potential you would have never posted this.
The reference to MTX as garbage was strictly due to the facts that they are 100% bassed over SPL and that they push this 22" driver like its an audio god or soemthing, as already stated, they dont even play realy sounds to show it off...they play a subsonic tone. wow that is amazing, if you talk to the representatives (at least to the ones i have talked to) who have ran the Jackhammer's exibits they havent even heard it except for in SPL set ups, and they would not tell me what it had hit.
Making a 36" car stereo (even home) woofer is like wanting to drop a 14 litre Inline 6 semi diesel with a leaky gasket into a tahoe...it makes no sence. and then to ask $3600 for the hung of chrome garbage...and you want to defend it?
i use Eduh because i think its a pretty funny saying and IMO the Nine.1 is the only thing worth buying form eD...on top of being banned from ICSXsounds.com or w/e it is for absoluely no reason by ben and his cronies, or im sorry its beause i stated that i like RE's product, and beaing treated like shit on the phone.

and you want to come lash out at me?

u crack me up noob...... you've never seen me before or even know who I am and u try to crack on me..... NICE!!! oh well I got better things to do then post whore on the internet but before I go......
I do know what it takes to hit a 160... trust me I got more experience then anyone here except probably ngsm13 with competition..... full potential....by that you mean full excursion....oh shit you just proved you don't know shit about spl..... its not about how much he cone moves its about how loud you can get at the fs of the vehicle..... and if you tune right below it you won't move alot because what's that ohh shit you get PORT DAMPING!!!!!!! wow that means we can throw a shitton of power on a sub without bottoming it out at X frequency and its gunna get insanely loud. I'm done......
2 Ascendant Audio Avalanche 18's
13 cuft NET ported box tuned to 27hz
Autotek Mean Machine MX3000.1
Ascendant Audio Arco component set
Orion 275SX (Mids)
PPI Art Series A200 (tweets)
Poly Mids for rear fill to come soon.
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #24
dajuiceman05
AF Newbie

shoot son all i have to say is kicker solo X 18"

Last edited by PaulD; 06-18-2007 at 09:07 PM.
dajuiceman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:22 PM   #25
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

Nice old thread. Read the guidlines.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio