Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
Tarunc
AF Newbie

Very strange issues

First of all - Thank you guys in advance. I am posting this for my father who drives a 2004 Lincoln LS that is having some STRANGE issues.

The issues are related to the air conditioning and door locks...very very strange. I did a DATC diagnostic and the only code I got was 12 65.

Here is the issue... When the car is started and AC is on, it will blow cold air for a while. While driving, at some points the AC will start to blow hot air and the power windows will not operate...the door locks seem to be making a clicking sound, according to my father.

We have had the dealer check the car and all they did was replace a cooling wall or something for $500+....a complete waste and no fix. We have taken it back to the dealer twice and they cannot isolate the issue. Naturally i am coming to you guys to see if you have ever heard of such a bizarre issue....

I did the DATC diagnostic twice this morning and reset the system (cold booted) by pressing the defrost button. Once completed the system rebooted and blew out a puff of air.....I did the diagnostic again and when done hit defrost...same puff of air. Again, the only code it threw out as 12 65 - which I am not sure is valid for this car.
Tarunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #2
Tarunc
AF Newbie

Re: Very strange issues

After a bit more discussion I have learned the following:
The AC functions and after a while the AC shuts off completely....when it shuts off the power windows do not function at all...no up or down....

Any advice appreciated.
Tarunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #3
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: Very strange issues

Just taking a quick look at the wiring diagrams for the power windows and the EATC system for the 2004 LS there are no fuses or relays that are common to both systems. It's going to take some more investigation to narrow down the possibilities.

When you mention the "AC shuts off completely" does that mean the display shuts off for the EATC, the blower stops blowing, or the just the compressor clutch will no longer engage? If the EATC display goes blank, does the button illumination still work when the headlights or parking lights are on?

Similar for when the power windows stop working - does the button illumination still work? Do the power door locks work? Do the windows only stop working from the driver's door or do none of the power window switches work either?

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ