Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
NRDaddy
AF Newbie

Car Installation Help!

Man... I'm lost.

So this is everything that happened. I got my CDX-M8805X today and went ahead and installed it. Worked up the harness and got it in and everything. It worked for about 2 minutes and when I got back to my car from cleaning up, the face was off and I couldn't turn it back on. But the motorized face was still working and the cd eject was still working.

So after a lot of thought, I figured it was the ignition on wire. I fed power to the deck with the continuous power wire and it all worked. But now my clock doesn't work. I had to think about that too, and now I think that there's a possibility that my whole ignition power wires have failed.

I'm not sure since I don't know much about it, so I'm hoping someone else might. As of right now, the only two things that don't work is the clock and the A/C on light.

Any ideas?
NRDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:05 AM   #2
RickwithaTbird
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RickwithaTbird Send a message via MSN to RickwithaTbird Send a message via Yahoo to RickwithaTbird
Re: Car Installation Help!

fuses?
Old 01-23-2005, 09:47 PM   #3
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
you blew a fuse.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 05:34 PM   #4
gfrank17704@people
AF Newbie

Re: Car Installation Help!

how to remove radio from 97 park avenue
gfrank17704@people is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:34 AM   #5
low
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to low Send a message via AIM to low Send a message via MSN to low Send a message via Yahoo to low
are you sure you connected the right wires?

ok I don't want to assume that you do or do not know much about installing a head unit. if you don't then it sounds to me like you may have hooked up your wires incorectly. now if you did hook this up correctly then I beleve that your question has already been answered (its probably a blown fuse that is causing you to not get a constant power so your clock and radio presets will only have power when the ignition is turned on) if this doesn't help you can message me on ICQ, Yahoo, AIM, or MSN just click on the icon on this post. you could even email me @ help@lownloud.com and we could walk through the process together and figure out what the problem is.
low is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio