Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 04:58 PM   #16
JuMBoBeaTS
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to JuMBoBeaTS
Re: w00t for new wheels! :D

i like the rims... black rims with a polished lip... DROOOOLL!!!

im feelin the CTR lip... prally cuz i got one too.. lol front and back

Old 07-08-2004, 07:54 PM   #17
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits
LoL I was referring to the Blue H logo.

LOL So let me get this straight its the JDM theme. Blue H's arent JDM. You cant have it both ways. Have you painted your interior blue yet? I havent seen any JDM class car winners with blue logos, Blue Neons, and Blue painted interior parts yet but you may be the first

Funny...when I scuff my SI'S FRONT LIP it has black under it...weird...must have got a Lemon or something...

The parts are interchangeable my friend, they are all black and then they hit the body shop they become painted...maybe take it to a less lazy body shop...
Digging for an argument over an emblem? This is a post about WHEELS, not a damn emblem.

What's the point of painting a lip if it's natural color at least looks decently good on the car, if it's going to scrape and/or chip off? Pointless time, effort and money spent IMO. Less lazy body shop, yeah, if they weren't looking out for my better interests like I said, they'd gladly lie to me to TAKE my money, but instead they are honest and they know what they are doing and talking about.

Blue Neons? Yeah, hello my car isn't rice like that. Oh, the ones under my dash that you CAN'T see and I almost never use? Right... My interior has NO blue parts what-so ever BTW, obviously you know NOTHING about my car, and outta stop going on about it before you get too far behind yourself.

Anyways, meanwhile back at the ranch...
CivicSiRacer: The car doesn't seem like it's lagging anymore than it did before.I got these wheels 50% because of the fact that they weigh only 2.5lbs more than my Circuit 8 rims they replaced. 14.5 pounds they weigh, to be exact. But of course weight is weight, and adding more even if 2.5 pounds (or 20 more while in motion ) certainly won't help anything, but it isn't hurting either that I can tell.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 07-08-2004, 08:20 PM   #18
BrokenLimits
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BrokenLimits
LoL I guessed it
Old 07-08-2004, 10:12 PM   #19
B1SiR6A
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
LoL I dont care if he doesnt care what I think. I just wanted to make sure he realizes his car is not "JDM style" like he wants it to be.
Mine is RHD baby cant get no more JDM than that...SilverY2KCivic dont pay attention to people telling you to change things on or in your car that you like...they dont have to drive it you do...and as long as YOU think its great the way it is, thats al that counts... thats just like a friend of mine who is telling me to take the blue lip off of my rims...forget that...I like it so im keeping them that way
12.000 @ 94.1 Mph
On 1000ft Track
Currently 4th in BHRA All Motor Class...Soon to be 2nd (I hope)
...Theres gonna be alotta slow singin, an flower bringin if I hear my car alarm start ringin ...
Old 07-08-2004, 11:10 PM   #20
BrokenLimits
AF Enthusiast

I'm Sure the people with Aluminum Wings think that looks good also

ON a side note I like the Blue Lips on the Blue Hatch.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:51 PM   #21
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
If it fits your car, and they style that YOU are doing with your car, then why change it to suit someone else? Kudos on keeping the lips blue on the rims. BTW, jealous haters ain't no thang to me.

BrokenLimits, either grow up and stop flaming on people's rides, or disaplinary action WILL be taken against you, plain and simple! You guessed it? Guessed what? Guessing things makes you look ignorant, learn when people are being sarcastic, but FIRST learn about someone's car before ASSuming things about it that you just don't know about.

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 07-09-2004, 12:06 AM   #22
BrokenLimits
AF Enthusiast

I guessed you had Neons, I was right. I guessed you had painted interior, I guessed Blue but its Silver.

Jealous Haters? I am Jealous? LoL

Dont ASSume you know what I have...I believe I have it listed.

This is a web forum, you posted your car looking for opinions. If you want to ban me for giving them then be my guest.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:34 AM   #23
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Quote:
I guessed you had Neons, I was right.

Jealous Haters? I am Jealous? LoL

Dont ASSume you know what I have...I believe I have it listed.

This is a web forum, you posted your car looking for opinions. If you want to ban me for giving them then be my guest.

I dont ban people for giving their opinion on the site I moderate check it out sometime www.clubsi.com
haha, ONE thing listed. Emblem doesn't count since you can see it in the pic. Where on earth did you get blue interior from or neons for that matter, even if you guessed HALF right on them? Oh right, I have a black lip and a blue emblem, so naturally I should have a wing, neons and whatever else "ricer" stuff is out there. Yes, logical thinking. I sure wouldn't go around saying I'm mod somewhere when I don't even look like I know what I'm talking about, and start flaming someone's car on another forum.

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 07-09-2004, 10:25 PM   #24
Doubletap
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Doubletap Send a message via Yahoo to Doubletap

What ever Limits that jackass has Broken I thing the new wheels lokk kick ass and the blue silver and black looks good to me. I just got some 15x6.5 gun metal circuit 8's on my 'desert mist' (basically gold) DB7 and i love the combo. The lighter wheels (even lighter than the 14' stocks) makes everything feel easier... just sweet, although I couldn't imagine going back up in weight for the wheels now that I have tasted the 11lbs (I think, correct me if I am wrong) Rota's.

Just keep the neons off that Civic and in my opinion it looks great. Besides I know about those sweet ass Tein ss that are hiding under there.

DoubleTap
Old 07-10-2004, 12:24 AM   #25
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Thanks man. I think the C8's are 12lbs, but I've heard all numbers between 11 and 12, LOL! Eitherway these Grids are DAMN light, 14.5lbs. to be exact. Teins still doing their thing under there. I'm thinking of stiffening the rears even MORE using the original 6kg (448lbs./ft) fronts that I have sitting here in my room. I'll have to inquire to Tein if they would be too stiff for the standard SS valving or not. I hear people can safely up their Flex springs by 4kg over the factory springs, so I'm hoping my SS will let me do that as well.

Oh yes, get some pics of your car up with the new wheels if you can, DoubleTap.

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 07-10-2004, 03:03 PM   #26
BrokenLimits
AF Enthusiast

LoL so I'm an ass for ripping on him for having Neons...but you just did...doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:39 PM   #27
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Quote:
LoL so I'm an ass for ripping on him for having Neons...but you just did...doesn't make much sense to me.
Because you're a closed minded ass, and he's not! Big differance there.

Besides, why are they such a big deal to you? Have some freak accident with some at somepoint in life? I mean it's done, it's dead, FORGET ABOUT IT!

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 07-10-2004, 11:33 PM   #28
BrokenLimits
AF Enthusiast

Hey you are the one who replied
Old 07-11-2004, 04:49 AM   #29
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Quote:
Yes, because those are really my words

hessemer69 on AIM

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels