Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 03:43 AM   #1
dsummersphoto
AF Newbie

Trying to purchase my first car but I need help.

Thanks for checking this out if decided to click the link.

I've been saving for quite some time and I'm just about ready to purchase a new car. This will be my first vehicle that isn't a hand me down or something I was forced into. So I'm excited and nervous to make an informed decision.

I like the midsize entry level luxury cars. I'm trying to buy one a year or two old. I don't want to exceed a $30,000 price tag but I'm willing to bump that up for the perfect car.

I have read countless articles, test driven almost every car I'm interested in, and every time I find what I believe to be 'the one,' I find a thousand customers complain about that particular vehicle online.

Anyway, the three main cars I like are Acura TLX, Infiniti Q50, and Cadillac CTS. But I'm not married to any of them. The Acura for instance has had numerous reports of transmission issues which scares me. The Infiniti has had numerous reports of the tech being very slow and causing all sorts of problems. The Cadillac has had nothing but hate for it's CUE system.

I want a 4 door sedan that is a technological, powerful, and luxurious car but I don't want it to have a new issue every other week. I also don't like the big name cars just because I don't like driving what everyone else has (ex. Lexus, BMW, Mercedes). I don't want a million issues. I know thats unavoidable in some cases but I'm getting worried because every car I take interest in seems to have a mile long line of people shouting 'buyer's remorse.'

Any insight on these cars, or maybe something I have overlooked would be amazing. Just don't want to spend 30k on a bad car. Thank you so much for your time!
dsummersphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 12:50 AM   #2
Newee
AF Newbie

Re: Trying to purchase my first car but I need help.

I think doing a window shopping on different buy and sell cars website will be a good start. List all the cars you found on those website that suits your taste. After that compare all the data that you got.

Good luck dsummersphoto for car hunting.
Newee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Newee For This Useful Post:
markothemechanics (06-18-2016)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
acura , infiniti , q50 , tlx
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A