Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 04:50 PM   #16
bigredneck47240
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to bigredneck47240 Send a message via MSN to bigredneck47240 Send a message via Yahoo to bigredneck47240
Re: Walmart's Liberator Tire

i had to go from a 235/75 to a 235/70 so i could find the righyt size oh yeah thats 16s try withcing sizes around by a size or two and see what you get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridemywideglide
I had them on my last Ram 1500 4x4.. Love'd them.. Sold it, tires had 52K on them plenty of tread left.. Now I purchased a Ram 2500 and couldn't find the Liberators anymore at Wal-mart.. Store clerk said I had to go online to order them, she showed them in her book but the store couldn't order them.. Sounded a bit stupid to me.. On line I was unable to find them in the tire section. I ended up getting BFG AT/TA KO's at $1100 for the set.. These tires SUCK ASS.. I will never buy BFG again.. Snow handling is slightly better than a frying pan.. They don't clean themselves of mud or snow at all..

Can one of you guys tell me where I can get some more Liberators?? 1/2 the price and more than twice the tire the BFG is in my opinion.

Thanks
Brad
Old 05-11-2007, 07:48 AM   #17
Smith1000
AF Enthusiast

I had 4 Liberators and the belts separated on all 4. They would start to slow leak in the center of the tire (all along the center line) and then begin to bounce on the highway. I found that 1/2 the tread would separate and bulge. In checking into things on the web, I found where a very specific Liberator tire size was recalled for belts slipping. My exact tire size was not listed in the recall though. I called Uniroyal and the girl on the phone was abrasive and told me the Liberators had not been recalled at all. I directed her to their web site and she said something along this line, 'Well, okay, but that doesn't mean the belts slipped in your tires for this reason. There are lots of reasons for why belts slip.' Bottom line is, they are not reimbursing me for these defective tires. Might be best to avoid them, especially on an SUV with a higher center of gravity.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #18
mudnstf
AF Newbie

I have a question that parallels the previous posts. I am looking for new tires for my 2 wheel drive toyota tacoma. I live in Wisconsin and this truck is my basic daily driver traveling 35 interstate miles each way to work. I am looking for something that is decent in snow as well as rain with ocasional mud. all these tires fall between $320 & $420. Currently I have BFG Radial T/As and I think there is a better tire for my application

My choices are:
Bridgestone dualers A/T - Tirerack.com

Wildcat A/T - Fleet Farm

BFG Long Trail - Costco

Liberators T/A - Wal Mart

Thoughts?????
Old 11-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #19
sweetball456
AF Newbie

You can try Bridgestone dualers A/T - Tirerack.com...
Old 12-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #20
dj6991
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminc
Does anybody have any info on Walmarts Liberator tire? Is it a good tire?
i have had three sets of liberators and i have only had one flat tire. I live in texas and drive through and over mesquite trees. i got a bolt stuck in one that is the only problem i have ever had. they usually last about 50000 miles for me and i drive like a maniac.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:17 PM   #21
dj6991
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridemywideglide
I had them on my last Ram 1500 4x4.. Love'd them.. Sold it, tires had 52K on them plenty of tread left.. Now I purchased a Ram 2500 and couldn't find the Liberators anymore at Wal-mart.. Store clerk said I had to go online to order them, she showed them in her book but the store couldn't order them.. Sounded a bit stupid to me.. On line I was unable to find them in the tire section. I ended up getting BFG AT/TA KO's at $1100 for the set.. These tires SUCK ASS.. I will never buy BFG again.. Snow handling is slightly better than a frying pan.. They don't clean themselves of mud or snow at all..

Can one of you guys tell me where I can get some more Liberators?? 1/2 the price and more than twice the tire the BFG is in my opinion.

Thanks
Brad
wal mart here in texas still sells them.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #22
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Old thread. Please start a new one if you wish to continue the discussion .

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels