Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Forester
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Suzonda
AF Newbie

1998 Subaru Forester Engine Damage

My '98 Subaru Forester's engine recently dropped the valves to the left side cylinders. We had a local mechanic disconnect the valve stems and the fuel system to that side. The vehicle does function properly (with half the power) but I would like to know an estimate of how long it can last when going about 20 miles a day on mainly rural roads. The only major difference is acceleration,, but the engine is still very strong and I believe it can go another couple months until we get a replacement engine for it. Is that thought accurate?
Suzonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
brokenboxer01
AF Newbie

Re: 1998 Subaru Forester Engine Damage

Need some more info, what do you mean by dropped valves to that cylinder? Your mechanic could have surely disconnected the fuel to the effected cylinders but didn't disconnect the valve stems. Did he unhook the spark plugs? If it is just a cylinder head issue, it would be a fairly simple project. No sense if trashing the engine. I'd be more concerned with the additional load put on the engine.
brokenboxer01 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Forester