Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '91 - '96
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
RadicallyLowly
AF Newbie

Exclamation questions..Coil & Distributer-Cap

if I know my coil is leaking, will it eventually die? and also..if I covered it up..like sealed it myself with a protective covering, and did a real good job of sealing it...until its death....would that be a problem?? My Vw...is hard starting in the rain...and I'm sure it's the coil...I don't have the money to fix it now...
p.s. when I bought the Distributer-cap...is it suppose to be a tight fit with NO--Turning whatsoever or turning left or right(1/8-1/2") on the cap.. I never owned a car with a distibuter cap that was not tight like this one...You can turn it, just a little left or right. I can't get to the parts store right now, and it closed...today is Saturday..The other cap I had did this too...I got that part from Auto Zone...but this new One...is Bosch and I got it from a better parts store...that sells VW parts??? Please help me with answers..I would appreciate your help..Thank you and by the way I did change all other components..wires, cap, & rotor,,,the plugs are not that old.

p.s. I have read the Forum for awhile..and learned much.. My original problem was hard starting in the Rain...I could get it going..if I had to...but got worse & harder!! So..I decided to change the components I mentioned above...and still had a hard time starting it.. Read the Forum, and learned about WD-40, and the coil...just to fill your mind with Info...a Brief-History.. Thank you. for all help..
RadicallyLowly is offline   Reply With Quote