Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:40 PM   #1
mcdlnwright
AF Newbie

02 sensor wrong one? 2002 quest

Ok guys I was getting code p0141

I went to auto zone and bought a new 02 sensor they said I needed one for a 4 wire i think they said the back
I went to put it in and it was a different connection. It was a square connection, and the old one is a rectangle.

Its right under the engine beside the oil filter. Am I doing the wrong one? I know theres two but I cant find any other one? also this one has a round plastic plate on it and the old one didn't.

I have looked everywhere and I cant find any instructions to where it goes, I called Auto zone and told them its the wrong one but now I'm doubting it myself.

The worst part is The black wire was broken on the old one after the harness so i Had to fix that too.

Help! if its the wrong part I can get the right one but if its the right one please help me find the right one because i crawled under it and honestly only found this one
mcdlnwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:21 AM   #2
FixUrNissan
AF Regular

Re: 02 sensor wrong one? 2002 quest

OK, i understand whats going on. let me see if i can help. The code you have PO141 is for an O2 sensor Heater B1. B1 stands for Bank 1, Basically it is the terminology in the car business for saying right side of engine & left side of engine. Bank 1 is for the Cylinder 1 Side, Bank 2 is for Cylinder 2 side. Your problem is Bank 1, witch is the firewall side, that back part of the engine, not the front by the filter. Even though the front O2 sensor is a common code, it usually is generated by wires breaking right before the connector. In your case you banging your head over the wrong one. Location should be right around the right side axle level, in the exhaust manifold before the front pipe. Check all the wires make sure none are broken at connector and replace O2. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any more questions. GL.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #3
mcdlnwright
AF Newbie

Re: 02 sensor wrong one? 2002 quest

there was a broken wire at the harness of the front o2, we fixed that and replaced the fuse, then we had o put it back in the van while we waited for the new part to arrive and me to post my first message.

we drove it back from a friends house who had a scanner to clear the old code and so far the check engine light hasn't come back on. I am learry about returning the 02 sensor though I will probably take it back to auto zone today and have them re read the codes to see if its still showing
mcdlnwright is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena