Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Philosophizing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Philosophizing Throwing around ideas about life, the universe, and everything.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 03:48 PM   #1
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -cy-
After you die, what do you want?

What do you want for a funeral? I just got back from a funeral, and it just made me think about what the guy would have actually wanted. One of his friends that spoke talked about some of the crazy and funny things they did, and he was warm and loved, that with his constant humor he wouldn't want us to be sad. I felt that the religious preceedings interfered with paying respects to him.
When i die, i want a non-religious proceeding (since i am very athiest) and i want people who knew me well to tell people not to be sad, to enjoy life for what it is and not what we wish it was. I want people to take my attitude for life into their hearts rather than load their hearts with ache. What do you want (many people, small place, where buried or cremated, ect)? I know this isn't the easiet thing to think about, but its on my mind.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:07 PM   #2
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
I want somebody to come in and lighten the mood. Its easy on me, I'm dead, but the people left behind will be having a much harder time.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 01-09-2002, 04:21 PM   #3
V.S.
AF Enthusiast

I want everyone at my funeral to be given guns, and for them to go and hunt down anyone remotely responsible for my death
V.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 04:34 PM   #4
fritz_269
AF Moderator

Donate any useable bits left of me to medicine, then cremate, then scatter my ashes in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, then a kick-a$$ party.
fritz_269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 06:16 PM   #5
Steel
AF Fanatic

oh, i thought you meant heaven hell sorta thing...

but i'll go with that. My heaven would to be (right now at least) to live with Nina, and she actaully loves me back. ....yeah.
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 07:36 PM   #6
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Well considering my role in the preceeding I really don't care.

But it would be nice if any money I had left over was spent on copious amounts of alcahol and a live band.
I had sad funerals.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:02 PM   #7
-cy-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -cy-
When i die (assuming anyone at the time cares, lol) i don't want people to go to something that makes their heart hurt and miss me. I want something that is more of a good-bye for everyone, have people stand up and tell about all the funny and good things i did, have my life remembered for the good things, and that it is not a sad parting. I want something non religious (as much as possible), and something in a beautiful spot, outside probably, and in the evening (b/c i am a night person).
Old 01-09-2002, 10:46 PM   #8
GSr32
AF Regular

I have never understood why we have funerals. It's just a place where everyone goes for a cry. People can cry in their own time over the loss of a loved one, but doing it all together seems to make it all worse.

I believe a funeral should be a celebration of the life of the deceased. It should be a celebration that they made it as far as they did. Sure, people can still morn, but in their time. At my funeral, I want everyone to have a party and a smashing good time, and for everyone to get on with life as normal.
GSr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 03:23 AM   #9
taranaki
Banned

It seems that most of the guys would like an Irish style "wake",where everbody has a few drinks,remembers the good stuff and has a few laughs.I'd like a big party with a jazz band kicking out a few loud trumpet riffs such as "when the saints go marching in"and "see ya later alligator"....

For those left behind who feel they need it,a simple gathering on my favourite mountain.....no hymns, no prayers,no bullshit about "at least he's not in pain any more"....scatter my ashes half way up the mountain,the summit is too far if people need to visit(I hope they would but I don't demand it)..

Hell this is morbid.Hope I don't get my wishes too soon....

And if anybody tries to put me in a shiny wood box with flowers on top and drag me off to some church and sing hymns and such other sad-
faced humbug I might just get up and walk out in the middle of the service.

Last edited by taranaki; 01-11-2002 at 05:57 AM.
taranaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 10:12 AM   #10
Tireburner
AF Enthusiast

Burn me! Get drunk and thow my ashes around. Just make sure you take me to the party!
Tireburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 10:24 AM   #11
SickLude
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SickLude
i just want everyone to happy and not to worry about me dying. its a part of life, just like using the bathroom or eating. i just dont want anyone feeling sad about it.
SickLude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 07:31 PM   #12
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
I know exactly what I want. All I desire is to be cremated, and have my ashes scattered across the Beckhorn (southeast end of the summit) of Dix Mountain (named after a soldier in the Civil War, I think) in the Adirondacks. Standing there, seeing that view of "the great range," was probably as close to being in another world as I've ever felt. Good place to rest in peace
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 07:36 PM   #13
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
I don't know if I want this for myself, but what if someone was cremated then mixed with pyrotechnics for a firework show at their funeral? That would be oddly cool...
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 07:38 PM   #14
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Quote:
Originally posted by jay@af
I don't know if I want this for myself, but what if someone was cremated then mixed with pyrotechnics for a firework show at their funeral? That would be oddly cool...
HOLY SHIT!!

That's a pretty wild idea, jay; very original. Yeah, I guess that might kick a little ass - go out with a bang, you know?? :hehe:
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 07:48 PM   #15
darkness
AF Fanatic

I don't know what I'd want. I guess I'd just want everyone to forget about me and get on with their own lives, It's not worth worrying about.

I guess it would be cool that they should cremate me while playing Prodigy Firestarter, then launch me into space I want to explore the galaxy. That way I'd get to ride something something with like a million horsepower.
"Have you seen Star Wars? The Darkness is the Force on crack"
darkness is offline   Reply With Quote