Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts
Car Rumors & Concepts Post pictures and discuss the upcoming cars, rumors and spy photos.
View Poll Results: Choose between this SportCars in matter of design & style only!
BMW Z8 13 13.40%
Chevrolet Corvette 20 20.62%
Daewoo Bucrane 4 4.12%
Lotus Elise 28 28.87%
Posche 911 32 32.99%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 08:48 AM   #31
Living5hrapn3l
AF Newbie

It looks a bit like an Aston Martin DB7........
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot- proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rich Cook
Living5hrapn3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:24 PM   #32
tiburocks
AF Newbie

Re: You´re not gonna believe this Asian SportsCar! It´s hot hot hot

Me as a korean, I think that Daewoo just simple sux ass and should be outta the market already... Also, Hyundai and Kia are improving hellalot they used to be crap and I felt shame to be Korean in terms of cars... Well now they are improving... take the J.D Power and Associates Prize that Hyundai got for the Sonata. If they keep on increasing quality they might even compete with the Japanese market
tiburocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:54 AM   #33
twospirits
Ex-Janitor of AF

Not only the Sonata, but some of the other vehicles have gotten high praise from JD Power, Auto Pactific and numerous Auto magaines. Customer service has improved so much its giving the top three aware that there is a another company closing in on them. With the partnerships that Hyundai has going with DC and others. It surely will be interesting to see whats coming down the pipeline in the next few years. Its funny how Hyundai was critisized over the 10 year warranty and now almost everyone is trying to do the same. Do I sense trendsetter here.

As for associating low price with lack of quality, there might be some truth in that, but it also depends on where the vehicle is being manufactured. Comparing the cost of producing a vehicle here in North America with the unions asking for more and the CEOs charging too much against the ones being produced in Japan and Korea one sees that the is way less and thus allows them to place more optional stuff on a vehicle as standard. This in turn brings more value or bang for the buck as they say, to the consumer. More and more folks are realizing this and is why Japan is such a success it is today. This is also happening to Korea.

As for the poll itself. I am rather disappointed that such a grouping was compiled. There is no way the Daewoo should be grouped with the others. Its way underpowered and not even as stylish as the others, although its unique in its own way. Being that it is a concept vehicle, the poll should have compared it with other concept vehicles of its class.

TS out

Members please read: Guidelines
twospirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 03:14 PM   #34
Hudson
Old Mod

Re: You´re not gonna believe this Asian SportsCar! It´s hot hot hot

Hyundai, Kia, and even Daewoo have made competitve products for years. The Daewoo-badged products sold in the US a few years ago were quite competitive with their Japanese counterparts. While I've been a strong supporter of Hyundai and Kia products for the past 5-7 years, there are many more owners of early Excels and Sephias who would defend the brand back into the early 1990s and late 1980s. While Hyundai/Kia vehicles (and the Suzuki and Chevrolet branded Daewoo products) are still improving, they are very competitive now. I've recommended Sonatas, Elantras, and Optimas over Toyotas and Hondas on a number occasions.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts